Staff Merry-go-round

Officially all of BAC design team is back.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, fighterkit said:

Officially all of BAC design team is back.

Yes....I think it is actually year two of their second 5 year contract....at least that's what I had heard at Castleton last spring.

Regarding music rights issues , Madison Scouts were denied the approval to play their closer “ Empire State of Mind “ to start their season . Madison took the strategy to continue negotiations on music  rights for it , and in the meantime , utilized  the song . They “ ran out the clock “ to the end of the season in Indy with “ negotiations “, then dropped the “ negotiations “. As far as I know , Madison never  paid for the song , and the Agency never pressed the issue after the 2011 season .

3 minutes ago, Boss Anova said:

Regarding music rights issues , Madison Scouts were denied the approval to play their closer “ Empire State of Mind “ to start their season . Madison took the strategy to continue negotiations on music  rights for it , and in the meantime , utilized  the song . They “ ran out the clock “ to the end of the season in Indy with “ negotiations “, then dropped the “ negotiations “. As far as I know , Madison never  paid for the song , and the Agency never pressed the issue after the 2011 season .

I don't know if they paid for the rights to the song or not.

I remember there was an issue with "synching" video and music.

The DVD for 2011 has audio only. 

Blacked out  screen for the song.

5 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

I don't know if they paid for the rights to the song or not.

I remember there was an issue with "synching" video and music.

The DVD for 2011 has audio only. 

Blacked out  screen for the song.

Yes , there is a lot of these black outs .. lots of corps now  . Sometimes just the audio . Other times both audio and the visual .

Flo Marching has compete  shows on their website without the audio . People watch past season ‘s DCI shows on Flo with no audio ?  Who are these people ? (.. Haha )😊

Edited by Boss Anova
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GREENBLUE said:

I believe Concerto No. 10 was a mash up with the Floor is Lava leading up/including the hit during the ballad. Starting right after the soloist section.I could be wrong but that’s how it sounded to me.

Maybe. I'm not familiar with the piece. They clearly used samples of Steve Miller and the rest of the show is all by one band so maybe they didn't include the offending piece in their release because rights weren't obtained yet.

21 minutes ago, craiga said:

Yes....I think it is actually year two of their second 5 year contract....at least that's what I had heard at Castleton last spring.

Wouldn't be surprised. Everyone loves them and it makes sense to bring them on for another five years. 
Building A Champion takes time and this staff has what it takes to make it happen, hopefully in less than five years.

• Like 2

Along with the resignations / terminations we should begin to read about new appointments being made that  will start to trickle in now . Some positions have no doubt  been in the works privately for a bit already between Corps and new hires . Other positions to be filled will take place over the coming weeks and into the Fall . Nothing new under the sun with these comings and goings . 

Edited by Boss Anova

Decided to clear up some stuff regarding the Cavaliers. The piece that was an issue regarding rights was Tarkus by Emerson Lake and Palmer (Movement 2). From what I understand there was an issue with who actually owned the song and this made it near impossible to get the rights. Cleveland Forrester and Alan Armstrong also confirmed today they they will both not be back for 2023

1 minute ago, TheCanadianSquirrel said:

Decided to clear up some stuff regarding the Cavaliers. The piece that was an issue regarding rights was Tarkus by Emerson Lake and Palmer (Movement 2). From what I understand there was an issue with who actually owned the song and this made it near impossible to get the rights. Cleveland Forrester and Alan Armstrong also confirmed today they they will both not be back for 2023

What did they do?