Staff Merry-go-round

Hoping to see a more serious approach to music from Rosemont with these changes (they've been muddling with B-grade music for a number of years now). Don't know much of anything about Starnes, but he seems to have been part of some pretty good teams in the past, so that's promising.

• Like 3

Cavies fans couldn't run Saucedo out of town fast enough the first time around. "Too boring," they said. Now, they appear to be ecstatic, though brass design didn't seem to be the problem. (Though I never thought there was a major problem to begin with)

Also, I'm not sure I'm trading Daniel Wiles in for David Starnes. 

• Like 2

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE 🥺 don't let the Bluecoats change the writers/designers. I love the style and aesthetic that they've had for a while. They'd still be my favorite corps if they changed staff but nothing (at least for me) can compare to their abstract/psychedelic vibe of the 2010s.

• Like 2

BK announces new artistic director. 

Pyro Lugo-Allen, 16 years with the Cavaliers as choreographer, visual designer, artistic director. As well as a plethora of HS's and winter guards

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

Cavies fans couldn't run Saucedo out of town fast enough the first time around. "Too boring," they said. Now, they appear to be ecstatic, though brass design didn't seem to be the problem. (Though I never thought there was a major problem to begin with)

Also, I'm not sure I'm trading Daniel Wiles in for David Starnes. 

I don’t remember that being the case. Not really sure how 5 gold medals, 2 silver and 2 bronze could be boring. I DO remember the complaint was more to the brass technique/ approach and how it wasn’t Loud or exciting.

Edited by GREENBLUE
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Saucedo is very much like Key Poulan to me. Bland. 

DickSauce had some highs and lows. For example, his 2004 show was a masterpiece, and his 2003 show was not that.

I was thinking he was still arranging in 2010 and 2011 (and that thought was corrected above), which were really dynamic. But those were Drew Shanefield years (and I'm now shook).

6 minutes ago, fighterkit said:

BK announces new artistic director. 

Pyro Lugo-Allen, 16 years with the Cavaliers as choreographer, visual designer, artistic director. As well as a plethora of HS's and winter guards

Who is Pyro Lugo-Allen??

4 minutes ago, GREENBLUE said:

I don’t remember that being the case. Not really sure how 5 gold medals, 2 silver and 2 bronze could be boring. I DO remember the complaint was more to the brass technique/ approach and how it wasn’t Loud or exciting.

Go sample DCP in 2008, and a smattering of other years. It was definitely the case. 

Also note: someone has already used "bland" to describe his writing.