Staff Merry-go-round

11 hours ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

Cavaliers: https://cavaliers.org/news-blog/2022/9/6/announcing-the-2023-music-design-team?fbclid=IwAR3AyrkJSxZQofdiOwKfVo5-YyGL1KQP3cZMivt2pp5MI3CZwgJ7LtKQoMA

Saucedo- Brass Arranger and Caption Consultant
Starnes- Program Coordinator
McIntosh - Battery and Percussion Arranger
Clif Walker - Front Ensemble Arranger

I have a feeling a high profile drill writer may return. I'll be intrigued to see who leads the guard.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, GREENBLUE said:

I don’t remember that being the case. Not really sure how 5 gold medals, 2 silver and 2 bronze could be boring. I DO remember the complaint was more to the brass technique/ approach and how it wasn’t Loud or exciting.

plenty of people call BD boring despite the numerous gold and silver medals in the last 15 years 

The 2000s Cavies were jam packed with highly entertaining visuals and deathly boring brass arrangements. I could watch those shows on mute all day and probably enjoy it more than if the sound was on. The brass technique obviously didn't help

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, contraguard05 said:

I have a feeling a high profile drill writer may return. I'll be intrigued to see who leads the guard.

yup I'm thinking they had something big lined up for the visual side in order to lock down Saucedo - etc. A major major addition/return for Cavaliers.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

plenty of people call BD boring despite the numerous gold and silver medals in the last 15 years 

The 2000s Cavies were jam packed with highly entertaining visuals and deathly boring brass arrangements. I could watch those shows on mute all day and probably enjoy it more than if the sound was on. The brass technique obviously didn't help

lol drum corps people are literally NEVER happy - personally I loved the more nuanced approach of those 2000s shows - I do not require 24/7 "in your face" blast approach 

• Like 3