Staff Merry-go-round

48 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

not at all - my comment was absolutely NOT directed at TA - and it was not directed at anyone here in particular - it was directed at the general misogyny that seems prevalent in this activity - and in particular the agenda demonstrated here directed towards Denise. There's also a whole lot of personal agendas mixing in with the ongoing Cadets "Civil War" - change can be difficult. I get that.

Well. There’s plenty of that to be sure. I honestly think it may be worse now than back when I marched.  You’ve come a long way, baby.  Not really. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

not at all - my comment was absolutely NOT directed at TA - and it was not directed at anyone here in particular - it was directed at the general misogyny that seems prevalent in this activity - and in particular the agenda demonstrated here directed towards Denise. There's also a whole lot of personal agendas mixing in with the ongoing Cadets "Civil War" - change can be difficult. I get that.

let's be honest....far worse was said about one of her predecessors for decades. and that's before the Inquirer article of April 2018. 

i have no ties to Cadetsland besides many friends that marched, taught, volunteered there or worked in the old YEA office, but the whole lawsuit thing is IMO an issue. One willfully ignored by the organization at least publicly.

now i have seen a zillion complaints about her management or perceived lack of growing all year. So, while not jumping to bash her, i do see a pattern here....thats eerily familiar to the Cadets organization's past.....and that was a male in charge then.

Edited by Jeff Ream
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, lifeisaround said:

Confirmed: All let go from The Cadets

• TOM AUNGST -- Program Facilitator / Battery Arranger
  • DARCIE AUNGST -- Artistic Director
  • BRANDON CARRITA -- Audio & Front Ensemble Arranger
  • NEIL LARRIVEE -- Front Ensemble Facilitator / Caption Manager

Wow, this is an interesting move

The Aungsts/Larrivee seemed to provide a foot in the past while still being relevant today - much like the 2022 production that finished in the top 6 for the first time since 2016 (with a much better received show than 2016). Decisions can be made for a variety of reasons, but this is a head scratcher.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Yes, Kevin LeBoeuf is the new caption head. Derek Gibson was promoted to brass caption supervisor.

Thought he would have made his way back to Crown. Great acquisition for Bloo!

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Tim K said:

Thought he would have made his way back to Crown. Great acquisition for Bloo!

I agree! 

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

let's be honest....far worse was said about one of her predecessors for decades. and that's before the Inquirer article of April 2018. 

i have no ties to Cadetsland besides many friends that marched, taught, volunteered there or worked in the old YEA office, but the whole lawsuit thing is IMO an issue. One willfully ignored by the organization at least publicly.

now i have seen a zillion complaints about her management or perceived lack of growing all year. So, while not jumping to bash her, i do see a pattern here....thats eerily familiar to the Cadets organization's past.....and that was a male in charge then.

According to social media, the "implosion" has started with the marching members, other staff members, & the alumni over this event.  Alumni seem to be calling for the BOD to fire the director.  Guess we shall see...

Also another report of another corps having to help financially help with a replacement coach at the end of the tour?  Plus reports of the org taking on more debt & no monies in reserve?  I hope they survive.  

How can you have their success obtained this season just to "dump" these staff members?  Plus the perfect marriage of Aungst & Bocook that makes The Cadets, "The Cadets"?      

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

According to social media, the "implosion" has started with the marching members, other staff members, & the alumni over this event.  Alumni seem to be calling for the BOD to fire the director.  Guess we shall see...

Also another report of another corps having to help financially help with a replacement coach at the end of the tour?  Plus reports of the org taking on more debt & no monies in reserve?  I hope they survive.  

How can you have their success obtained this season just to "dump" these staff members?  Plus the perfect marriage of Aungst & Bocook that makes The Cadets, "The Cadets"?      

oh trust me i have seen more rumors than this. hell the rumors have rumors

• Like 1
  • Haha 3