Staff Merry-go-round

3 minutes ago, frachel said:

"I and my family" is perfectly legitimate English, if that's the grammar you were referring to. It's not normal convention to put the "I" first, but it's allowed.

Thanks! I don’t agree but let’s get back on topic.

Edited by Sutasaurus
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

So, who is going into the winter with the fewest changes? Blue Devils, Bluecoats, Boston and SCV seem to have remained pretty static, correct? Crown percussion? Anything else?

Cadets appear to have had some upheaval.

Blue Stars only percussion changes, arguably where they needed to step it up. 

Phantom, visual? Anything else change?

Cavaliers big changes.

i am not sure about Mandarin, Colts, or Troopers.

Based on what we know I would say the corps at the top should see little to no shakeup, and Blue Stars seem to be in the best shape to improve, something they have been doing since 2018. Phantom seems positioned well to move up.

Edited by mcjordansc

2 hours ago, fsthnds said:

I wonder if Scott L. is now having the final laugh?

i doubt it, because Scott would want the corps to succeed regardless of personalities. he usually only gloats over Iggles games

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Sutasaurus said:

Grammar police!!!! Where are you?

I assume you are referring to contributing to the Cadets this season . Given the financial trials and tribulations ALL corps are going through in this post Covid age why would you not chip in to keep the corps you “love” getting down the road? If you are concerned about corps leadership then become active in the organization on a grassroots level to enact change. It’s not that hard. Really. Give it a whirl. If your efforts go south, at least you can say you tried and then move on.

actually, the grass roots level can be hardest of all, because if the leadership doesn't want to hear dissenting opinions, they can rescind your invitation to help.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, mcjordansc said:

So, who is going into the winter with the fewest changes? Blue Devils, Bluecoats, Boston and SCV seem to have remained pretty static, correct? Crown percussion? Anything else?

Cadets appear to have had some upheaval.

Blue Stars only percussion changes, arguably where they needed to step it up. 

Phantom, visual? Anything else change?

Cavaliers big changes.

i am not sure about Mandarin, Colts, or Troopers.

Based on what we know I would say the corps at the top should see little to no shakeup, and Blue Stars seem to be in the best shape to improve, something they have been doing since 2018. Phantom seems positioned well to move up as well.

Mandarins have a new brass arranger. 

3 hours ago, MikeD said:

I would add George Tuthill to that. Garfield let him go after the 71 season, and a good portion of the drumline left, moving to the Cabs where he was also teaching. His percussion score to your 71 brass score was great, though many of the older drum judges were not quite sure what to make of the drumline being split into two with the brass.

Absolutely agree, Mike. George's musicality was years ahead of its time. Every time I rode to rehearsal with him in that old Mercedes, he schooled me.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

actually, the grass roots level can be hardest of all, because if the leadership doesn't want to hear dissenting opinions, they can rescind your invitation to help.

But at least you tried. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Bending sympathetic ears on DCP will not change anything.

Edited by Sutasaurus

But at least you tried. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Bending sympathetic ears on DCP will not change anything.

you'd be surprised what things coming to light and how they have reverberated throughout the drum corps universe. that G7 thing? I leaked it here. phones and emails lit up nationwide. the rumors of Hopghazi started leaking ( and deleted until the article came out) on here 3 months before...and spread like wild fire. so posting on here HAS had an affect on the activity. Joel Moody? Scott Atchinson? both brought up here. 

because its usually people at the grass roots being treated like #### coming here or social media sites

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

I've been cut off from a corps (and in turn, the whole activity) for literally no reason. They do this to vets, to donors, to fans... anybody they want except known bullies, harassers and abusers, it would seem. When these youth education organizations close their doors on their own caring vets (especially those they harmed,) or make engagement toxic, where else can we be in community but here? Facebook? Gross. Reddit. Just as bad. Others? Ain't nobody got time for that! Thanks for contributing to another closed door in the DCP community. Classy.

Ignore us non-donors if you want but don't antagonize us for our opinions, please. There are plenty of other donors out there and revenue shouldn't depend heavily on small donations anyway. Certainly not enough justify ridiculing other community members for not giving.

Also, and more importantly, I'm not giving my money to a single corps until I stop seeing them hire and rehire harassers or enablers, so... no, I don't have money (or free labor in the form of board membership) to spare on organizations that perpetuate the situation I described above. I think I'm not alone here.

• Thanks 5

28 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

you'd be surprised what things coming to light and how they have reverberated throughout the drum corps universe. that G7 thing? I leaked it here. phones and emails lit up nationwide. the rumors of Hopghazi started leaking ( and deleted until the article came out) on here 3 months before...and spread like wild fire. so posting on here HAS had an affect on the activity. Joel Moody? Scott Atchinson? both brought up here. 

because its usually people at the grass roots being treated like #### coming here or social media sites

Jeff, am I correct in saying now that with the retirement of Jim Coates, ALL of the original G7 conspirators are no longer in the activity?  If so, GOOD RIDDANCE.  How the mighty have fallen...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3