Staff Merry-go-round

10 minutes ago, oldbandguy said:

Care to explain?  Aren't most of those G7 corps sitting in the top positions of DCI almost 15 years later? G7 was about corps...not individuals (IMHO)

With respect, I must disagree.   The G7 power grab was a conspiracy of seven men in a room, led by George Hopkins.  In fact,  many people associated with and supporters of the 7 organizations were horrified when that PowerPoint presentation was leaked.

Those 7 egotistical elitist individuals were all voted off the BOD soon after, and now 12 years later, once Mr. Coates leaves his position, none will any longer be in a position to threaten other corps again.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

All I'm saying is does anyone have actual proof of the Aungst firing/quitting/whatever we are calling it?

I believe Cadets regularly scheduled BOD meeting is tonight, and on the agenda ( among other topics ) will be the discussion of staffing and Mgt personnel  moving forward. If so, perhaps you'll have the answer to this question soon afterwards.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, craiga said:

With respect, I must disagree.   The G7 power grab was a conspiracy of seven men in a room, led by George Hopkins.  In fact,  many people associated with and supporters of the 7 organizations were horrified when that PowerPoint presentation was leaked.

Those 7 egotistical elitist individuals were all voted off the BOD soon after, and now 12 years later, once Mr. Coates leaves his position, none will any longer be in a position to threaten other corps again.  

actually 6 of the 7 didn't know half of what was presented was in there, and realized the #### would hit the fan. yes they were horrified it leaked. i loved getting emails asking me to give up who gave it to me. if they only knew LOL

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

actually 6 of the 7 didn't know half of what was presented was in there, and realized the #### would hit the fan. yes they were horrified it leaked. i loved getting emails asking me to give up who gave it to me. if they only knew LOL

I always figured the majority didn't know the full details until the meeting. 

12 hours ago, Boss Anova said:

I believe Cadets regularly scheduled BOD meeting is tonight, and on the agenda ( among other topics ) will be the discussion of staffing and Mgt personnel  moving forward. If so, perhaps you'll have the answer to this question soon afterwards.

Heard that several other staff members (brass and visual) had turned in their resignations because of Toms dismissal. Also some looooong term volunteers are upset about Denise's handling of the situation.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, fsthnds said:

Heard that several other staff members (brass and visual) had turned in their resignations because of Toms dismissal. Also some looooong term volunteers are upset about Denise's handling of the situation.

JHC what in the heck is happening there. 

• Like 1

Shocked and saddened at what is happening over at the Cadets.  Especially after seeing them return to form this past season…😪

I am curious as to where the now ex-staff members could all end up after this is all said and done.  Surely there are more than a few organizations who would be chomping at the bit for these guys.

Edited by wormster79
Typo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1