Phantom Regiment 2023

35 minutes ago, Sutasaurus said:

Depends on how it is arranged. How about “The Rewrite of the Rewrite of Spring”?

I mean....it's so popular because it stands the test of time and it just works SO WELL on the field, right? The question will be, is it identifiable with the younger fans? 

On 9/17/2022 at 2:13 PM, Weaklefthand4ever said:

I would LOVE to hear PR do Appalachian Spring. That poster reminds me so much of some of the William Rice block prints from the Arts and Crafts movement. Much ❤️

Please no Appalachian spring for atleast the next 2 decades. It’s been overdone in drum corps 

4 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Please no Appalachian spring for atleast the next 2 decades. It’s been overdone in drum corps 

I don't disagree. Plus I can't remember Regiment doing a show with an American composer as primary source material other than 2005. 

Alpine Symphony, on the other hand... That would lend itself to some great props. Like 2019 Blue Stars but without wolves.

Also, the forest aesthetic could be a red herring and could just describe "journey." It's a little early in the offseason after all. But it's interesting that they have some variation of it on all the graphics (which look tremendous). For example:

May be an image of 2 people, people standing and text

Just now, kdaddy said:

I don't disagree. Plus I can't remember Regiment doing a show with an American composer as primary source material other than 2005. 

Alpine Symphony, on the other hand... That would lend itself to some great props. Like 2019 Blue Stars but without wolves.

Also, the forest aesthetic could be a red herring and could just describe "journey." It's a little early in the offseason after all. But it's interesting that they have some variation of it on all the graphics (which look tremendous). For example:

Seems like these are all Firewatch images, are they not? It follows the artistic style of that game. Wonder if they had to get any licensing to use them

7 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

2010 (their best show ever imo) was a single American composer, Michael Kamen. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Thank you for sharing. After reading the intro,  it seems like it is definitely in Regiment’s wheelhouse.