Phantom Regiment 2023

27 minutes ago, rcawth said:

No no no. Just the theme for all the audition material branding. Although it is fun to see all the speculation on here and Facebook. Also, while I'm here: Drum Corps’ Leadership and Design Team Returns

Many thanks Mr. Cawthorne.

5 hours ago, Hamburgler said:

I’m curious how members feel about Dwight. My understanding is he was the least favorite among the brothers last season. 

I’ve heard the same if not worse things about him, and that it could be a catalyst for members not returning, which really begs the question whether it was a good move to bring him back if even veterans don’t return because of one guy.

43 minutes ago, username1949 said:

I’ve heard the same if not worse things about him, and that it could be a catalyst for members not returning, which really begs the question whether it was a good move to bring him back if even veterans don’t return because of one guy.

Cite your source please.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Sutasaurus said:

Cite your source please.

Take it with a grain of salt if you want, I'm close with some members who have marched this past summer. 

I don’t like spreading rumors either and I suppose I should be clear I’m just relaying what I’ve heard from friends who've marched. I felt it was interesting to share, but feel free to feel however you want on what I have to say

Edited by username1949

I am surprised that Dwight was announced. Last time I spoke with him he couldn't wait for the season to be over and to get a new director and I think he said several people who would make a good director.  I am not sure if it was this thread or staff changes that I said PR had wanted him to stay but he had a life outside of corps.   Jay is the more personaable Brother and the better speaker.  He said that Dwight made all the tough decisions so the kids probably saw him making those choices.  Dwight was sick at the end of the seasons and was a little grumpy, which the kids probably saw too.   The announcement said he would be running the tour, so it seems this is not a full time position for him.  Maybe it is a cost saving thing.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, username1949 said:

Take it with a grain of salt if you want, I'm close with some members who have marched this past summer. 

I don’t like spreading rumors either and I suppose I should be clear I’m just relaying what I’ve heard from friends who've marched. I felt it was interesting to share, but feel free to feel however you want on what I have to say

You are not wrong. The members I know feel the same.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, the corps has a history of hiring or retaining people from within regardless of the potential impact. To be fair, they have also tried going outside with mixed results. However, an end of season survey of corps members might have shed some light on unknown issues that could have been taken into account prior to any hirings or appointments.

Just my 2 cents!

• Like 2