Phantom Regiment 2023

8 hours ago, totaleefree said:

Well, we are getting a new Food truck this year,  I think 600k worth.   Not that the old food truck was ever accused of having bad food or small quantities of food.   I think that may help the corps, at least the A/C will keep old volunteers like me from totally burning out working there on hot days.    I wonder if this one will just be called food truck or if they will find a cute name for it, the other trailers have names, but I think the food truck was Just "Food Truck ".  

the investment in the new truck can only help the member experience which is awesome.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TexasPRfan said:

I hear you Jeff.  However, I will say that I noticed more marching and drill from most corps than I remember in 2019 (last judged season).  I hope that trend continues.

Harvey

yes i would agree. i honestly think this past summer...and i see it in band world too...since the shutdown, the visual side has backed off a little. losing that year lost a lot of experienced members.....meaning everyone is younger. i am hoping as the pipeline builds back up, the trend gets back to more like 19

On 10/27/2022 at 8:29 PM, Sutasaurus said:

Not really. Very WGI focused which is not a bad thing, but I prefer a separation between WGI and Drum Corps.

FYI “Inbetween” all you have offered in many threads is a haha emoji…..not particularly adding insight to multiple conversations. It’s time to speak up.

Donning my flame proof suit.

You noticed "they" did that too. I'm not sure how useful WGI judging skills would work for judging a large musical ensemble when it's more focused on percussion groups and indoor guards.

What works indoors is different than what works on the football field.

There's no added value in a bunch of "laughs" to me. ....and I've been around the marching arts for a long time, went to college as a music major a time, taught bands, and all of that. So, I'm not a complete arm chair, but whatever. They can laugh away, but it doesn't really do anything constructive.

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

On 10/27/2022 at 11:19 PM, Jeff Ream said:

corps can play and execute great with crap props. we've seen it happen....this past summer

Of course, bad props don't really detract, or at least they don't SEEM to detract from the score. There's all upside and no downside.

Gotta say though, BD and Regiment had probably the best prop usage with Bloo and Boston following behind. Honorable mention to SCV, but something was off there.

I just think they're not as much a visual add as much as an aesthetic enhancer and detractor. That's the only way I can see their place in the scoring. They don't add to visual asuch as to GE maybe?

Edited by jjeffeory
Clarity
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jjeffeory said:

Gotta say though, BD and Regiment had probably the best prop usage with Bloo and Boston following behind. Honorable mention to SCV, but something was off there. 

I thought The Cadets props were used well.

• Thanks 2

On 10/28/2022 at 7:30 PM, jjeffeory said:

Of course, bad props don't really detract, or at least they don't SEEM to detract from the score. There's all upside and no downside.

I just think they're not as much a visual add as much as an aesthetic enhancer and detractor. That's the only way I can see their place in the scoring. They don't add to visual asuch as to GE maybe?

i think if used effectively they help GE....but the issues come to life more on ensemble and field..maybe even guard to a small degree.

but i'd say bad props detract or you'd have more corps popping bigger numbers

• Like 1

a show hint for the upcoming season???

Audition-Main-1200x640.png

1 hour ago, Kopeck said:

a show hint for the upcoming season???

Audition-Main-1200x640.png

Mr. Cawthorne has already shot this idea down. It’s simply this year’s marketing approach.

6 hours ago, Sutasaurus said:

Mr. Cawthorne has already shot this idea down. It’s simply this year’s marketing approach.

Looks like the next Mac OS wallpaper

• Haha 2

On 9/21/2022 at 11:17 AM, rcawth said:

No no no. Just the theme for all the audition material branding. Although it is fun to see all the speculation on here and Facebook. Also, while I'm here: Drum Corps’ Leadership and Design Team Returns

This was Robert’s response to the show theme idea. Someone suggested the new branding looked a lot like the online game Firewatch 

https://www.firewatchgame.com/

If you read the intro it looks like a really interesting concept for a show. Troopers, don’t sell off that oil rig just yet, you could get a second year’s use out of it!

Edited by Sutasaurus