Phantom Regiment 2023

After reading a bunch of the post I have seen the conversation focus on props and little to do with the music.  I know many will disagree, but, if you play nothing but rehashed classical/old music there's only so much reward you can give when it comes to relevant props and show design.

For Phantom to get back to being competitive with the top corps I think reinventing themselves is in order. Let them expand their playbook with "Modern Classical" music. 

I cringe to say it but It's time to cross that progressive bridge and reach the modern kids and judges of today. The activity is ever changing and the classic car look is being replaced by shiny new objects of desire.

I can see nothing but benefit from heading in a new direction for Phantom.

Newer musical choices, more design options, and more kids joining Phantom.

It's time for the old fogies to pass the torch. Nostalgia is growing old.

• Confused 2

10 hours ago, Phantombari1 said:

After reading a bunch of the post I have seen the conversation focus on props and little to do with the music.  I know many will disagree, but, if you play nothing but rehashed classical/old music there's only so much reward you can give when it comes to relevant props and show design.

For Phantom to get back to being competitive with the top corps I think reinventing themselves is in order. Let them expand their playbook with "Modern Classical" music. 

I cringe to say it but It's time to cross that progressive bridge and reach the modern kids and judges of today. The activity is ever changing and the classic car look is being replaced by shiny new objects of desire.

Not seeing a point here based on current Phantom progression this year.  Voted #1 fan favorite AND moved up significant places this year.  Props worked well with the show and weren't THE show like others.  I think they are well on their way, not to mention a great staff.  I don't want more clones I want to see and HEAR Phantom (Thank you JD).  Perhaps a new refined Phantom but their music and drill this year were amazing and they CLEARLY got credit for this.  Keep doing what you are doing Phantom...you CLEARLY know what you are doing going forward.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

402px-Laughing_Fool.jpg?20221001171828

Just reading inbetween the lines as it were LOL.

Edited by Mello Dude
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Hope you don't mind if I spam you all a bit. Our 2022 Phantom Regiment Hall of Fame Gala is this weekend in Rockford. Along with the in person Gala, we're running an online auction with plenty of great items for Regiment phans. There's also a few things for those who aren't phans 😉

More items being added every day until the end of the auction on November 21st. Check it out! https://live.classy.org/auction/2022-hall-of-fame-gala/3554bbbe-d723-4b6e-811e-8fc58d96d02c?fbclid=IwAR1EUUgpMVS-OD9ieYzGRYQZtZWYJaBHIvPLKNVnoL8ETfS07mx9pakpOKo

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, rcawth said:

Hope you don't mind if I spam you all a bit. Our 2022 Phantom Regiment Hall of Fame Gala is this weekend in Rockford. Along with the in person Gala, we're running an online auction with plenty of great items for Regiment phans. There's also a few things for those who aren't phans 😉

More items being added every day until the end of the auction on November 21st. Check it out! https://live.classy.org/auction/2022-hall-of-fame-gala/3554bbbe-d723-4b6e-811e-8fc58d96d02c?fbclid=IwAR1EUUgpMVS-OD9ieYzGRYQZtZWYJaBHIvPLKNVnoL8ETfS07mx9pakpOKo

Now this is very cool. It'd be a great addition to the (old) man cave. 

Screenshot 2022-11-14 at 9.34.06 AM.png

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Phantombari1 said:

All but one piece of music this year was modern. That has been the trend for years. I suggest you read over the repertoire across the years and find out for yourself rather than taking my word for it. If the problem is you don’t like classical music, I find it impossible to believe they will ever move away from that genre. It’s part of their DNA, and has served them well. I think I understand your argument, but it was poorly supported, and in this instance ultimately incorrect. However, I say this in respect for your opinion. You feel how you feel.