Phantom Regiment 2023

24 minutes ago, college-phan said:

Hearing some REALLY great stuff about Phantom, right now. Phantom is going all in on being competitive at the top of this activity and they're going to do it while staying in constant contact with their roots and traditions. Be very excited for this upcoming season.

Can’t wait to hear what the repertoire will be.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, college-phan said:

Phantom is going all in on being competitive at the top of this activity and they're going to do it while staying in constant contact with their roots and traditions. 

Let's hope their ending is emotional. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TOC said:

Let's hope their ending is emotional. 

Pretty much a given.

• Like 3

Never really considered ALW’s Phantom of the Opera as a possibility for PR.  But, recently I loaded Colm Wilkinson’s channel onto my Pandora list and I’m really liking his sound.  It’s darker, has more depth than Michael Crawford.  He also does a variation (in album: The Essential Colm Wilkinson) on the Phantom of the Opera theme song that really puts a different sound to it.  Big brass sound, minimal electronics compared to musical version.  Listening to his versions make me think there is a possibility for PR to do PotO in their own sound.  

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Land_Surfer said:

Never really considered ALW’s Phantom of the Opera as a possibility for PR.  But, recently I loaded Colm Wilkinson’s channel onto my Pandora list and I’m really liking his sound.  It’s darker, has more depth than Michael Crawford.  He also does a variation (in album: The Essential Colm Wilkinson) on the Phantom of the Opera theme song that really puts a different sound to it.  Big brass sound, minimal electronics compared to musical version.  Listening to his versions make me think there is a possibility for PR to do PotO in their own sound.  

The problem w/ PotO regardless of arrangement, is that it will automatically be compared to the much loved  1988/9 SCV version.  

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

The problem w/ PotA, regardless of arrangement, is that it will automatically be compared to the much loved  1988/9 SCV version.  

Or, it could make you forget all about it. I'm on the Phantom for Phantom bandwagon now after this thread where I probably never would have been before. They could even title the show as such. 

17 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Or, it could make you forget all about it. I'm on the Phantom for Phantom bandwagon now after this thread where I probably never would have been before. They could even title the show as such. 

Well, it would give DCP another thing to debate during the off season.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2