The Cadets 2023

For many, 2022 marked the beginning of the competitive and - more importantly - the spiritual return of The Cadets. How will the corps leave its recent past in the rear view mirror, build off the solid foundation laid in 2022, and continue it's ascent back up the competitive ranks? Discuss here -- let the 2023 season begin!

Edited by arabica
  • Thanks 2

Rearview Mirror is now my favorite Cadets show and the first show of theirs I've enjoyed since Angels and Demons. I really hope they continue in this direction.

• Like 3

Now they are back on solid ground, they need to take some more risks in their programmatic choices, be a little more avant guard (whilst retaining what makes them The Cadets) and improve their guard design. 

But as far as 2022 goes…..mission accomplished!!! 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, DCI-86 said:

Now they are back on solid ground, they need to take some more risks in their programmatic choices, be a little more avant guard (whilst retaining what makes them The Cadets) and improve their guard design. 

But as far as 2022 goes…..mission accomplished!!! 

COMPLETELY agree! Let's also make that guard take more risks. Let's have some tougher music, greater drill (I'm sure Bilby will make that happen), and no more company fronts at the end lol...

Edited by 2000Cadet
  • Like 4

Well I always thought they should have tackled pieces from Barber and the more modernist Copland music (Grohg for example), but then Vanguard did it.  So now maybe they can do what I always wanted Vanguard to do: The Choruses from Death of Klinghoffer.  That would be something completely different from them. 

Either way, 2022 was a fantastic return for them!

12 minutes ago, Tony L. said:

Well I always thought they should have tackled pieces from Barber and the more modernist Copland music (Grohg for example), but then Vanguard did it.  So now maybe they can do what I always wanted Vanguard to do: The Choruses from Death of Klinghoffer.  That would be something completely different from them. 

Either way, 2022 was a fantastic return for them!

Vanguard doing something first has never stopped Cadets before... (See: Appalachian Spring with the down ending, Barber Symphony 1 and Adagio for Strings).

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, ftwdrummer said:

Vanguard doing something first has never stopped Cadets before... (See: Appalachian Spring with the down ending, Barber Symphony 1 and Adagio for Strings).

And in some cases they perfect it!  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

COMPLETELY agree! Let's also make that guard take more risks. Let's have some tougher music, greater drill (I'm sure Bilby will make that happen), and no more company fronts at the end lol...

Bilby with Sacktig consulting made a great pair. Certainly hoping Bilby stays on for 2023 along with the rest of this design team!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, arabica said:

Bilby with Sacktig consulting made a great pair. Certainly hoping Bilby stays on for 2023 along with the rest of this design team!

Judging how he was acting in the lot I don't see him leaving. Alot of that staff marched together in the 90s so it would take some big money to pull him away

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1