Blue Devils in the Details 2023

Will a more experienced, seasoned group keep the Ott, take the Zingali and Sanford, and finally 3-peat?  Your thoughts?

• Like 5

With very few age-outs, and these kids now becoming seasoned vets, could we be looking at Fellinesque 2.0 from a sheer dominance standpoint?

• Like 4

Not surprisingly, I think Bluecoats and BAC are best prepared to challenge BD in 2023. They are consistently 2nd and 3rd across every caption and seem to have design and instructional teams that are firing on all cylinders. Every other corps from Crown down will need to make an adjustment in either staffing or approach to design before they have a chance to unseat not only BD, but contend for a medal.

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, DWW11 said:

Will a more experienced, seasoned group keep the Ott, take the Zingali and Sanford, and finally 3-peat?  Your thoughts?

it wouldn't really be a 3-peat 

3 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

I have been lobbying for it since 2015. Going to keep pitching it..............BD needs to give us a show with all Gordon Goodwin music, and absolutely reduce Lucas Oil Stadium to rubble with those jazzy jam sessions. 

that would be amazing.

• Like 1

I don't think BD needs a 3 beat to say anything about them. Let the Cavies and Cadets have that honor.....THAT being said I see a three peat in in 2023 as a possibility and they will be the strong favorites in 23. Staff turn around does mean a lot. You don't see that in the BD world.

Edited by DFA1970
  • Like 5

58 minutes ago, DWW11 said:

Honestly i know we don't know anything yet, but BD already have their 2023 show locked away in their archives and will be put into activation soon. For some reason, and 99% of the time, my feelings turn out to be right; i really have this intense positive GOOOOD feeling about their 23 season. I have a strong feeling, it's going to be very different and really good. Not based on anything, not even on this year, not even on their history, nothing. Just one of those deep in the feeling vibes, it's like an intuition.

But to answer the direct question, i do think the possibility rate is high they will 3peat. I think the mindsets are going to be different for the kids along with BD approach to shows, they will have left this year fired up for next year. I think they'll be a different beast.

Edited by theonlyfizzle
  • Like 5

46 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

With very few age-outs, and these kids now becoming seasoned vets, could we be looking at Fellinesque 2.0 from a sheer dominance standpoint?

A strong possibility for sure.

• Like 2

BD performs their production entitled "Metamorph 2: Electric Boogaloo" playing all the same repertoire from 2017, while marching drill from 2014. sweeping all captions at every show, staying undefeated, and ending finals with a score of 99.75, second only to Bluecoats, who performed their show "Lucy 2: Electric BLOOgaloo" finishing first in finals with a perfect 100.

• Haha 2