Blue Devils in the Details 2023

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

it wouldn't really be a 3-peat 

I only said that because they were introduced at each show (except this week) as the reigning champions. If that is how they were selling them, then a win in 2023 would be 3. Doesn’t really matter to me. What DOES matter is that i ordered Indy tix for 2023, so I don’t care what we call it, but i REALLY want a win. 

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, DWW11 said:

I only said that because they were introduced at each show (except this week) as the reigning champions. If that is how they were selling them, then a win in 2023 would be 3. Doesn’t really matter to me. What DOES matter is that i ordered Indy tix for 2023, so I don’t care what we call it, but i REALLY want a win. 

understand - it's just interesting this "3 peat" thing keeps popping up

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, DWW11 said:

I believe it would count as a 3-peat. Unless I’m mistaken somehow and the trophy doesn’t have the Blue Devils listed as the two most recent champions. 

FUN FACT: “three-peat” is a registered trademark of former Lakers’ head coach, Pat Riley. 

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, Rylan said:

I believe it would count as a 3-peat. Unless I’m mistaken somehow and the trophy doesn’t have the Blue Devils listed as the two most recent champions. 

FUN FACT: “three-peat” is a registered trademark of former Lakers’ head coach, Pat Riley. 

It would be a 3 peat, given the last competitive DCI event before this season was finals 2019.

• Like 7

27 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

Btw that is a cool show title/concept!

It was a group effort!!!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, dcsnare93 said:

I’m with @Chief Guns, an all Gordon Goodwin show would be amazing!

Believe it ir not, i am nut familiar with  GG. Will have to check him out. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dcsnare93 said:

I’m with @Chief Guns, an all Gordon Goodwin show would be amazing!

And especially since his son was in the corps for a few years. Perhaps he would even contribute an original composition? Something to hope for anyway.

They will certainly enter in an extremely strong position. Bloo and BAC will be the main circling sharks, with Bloo likely having a bit of design edge again. Cadets look poised to rise and if Crown and SCV fix their staffing/design issues, the waters will be very crowded.

I personally would like to see BD move away a bit from the art and theater-based shows, and I say that as someone with a BFA and long art career. They've done a lot of good takes on those ideas in the past decade, but it might be time for something more raw and aggressive to shake things up a bit. Keep people guessing about what's coming next.

• Like 3