Blue Devils in the Details 2023

I predict that "is it a threepeat or not?" will be argued ad nauseum all season and forever after.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

I predict BD will have a show called "Walk on Water."

They will have nothing really associated with the title except maybe a boat prop, pictures of fish on flags, and perhaps a speech or two, but all the BD fans will say "They really do walk on water - it's even in the title of their show!"

They will win DCI again. 

2 hours ago, DWW11 said:

Believe it ir not, i am nut familiar with  GG. Will have to check him out. 

They played some Gordon Goodwin music in the Felliniesque show. One of my favorite parts of the show. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/14/2022 at 2:49 PM, George Dixon said:

understand - it's just interesting this "3 peat" thing keeps popping up

It comes up because it’s quite literally the only stat that eludes BD relative to other corps. If they get the 3 peat, they atleast match the Cadets and Cavies and have the chance to beat them the year after that 

It’s kinda like in tennis right now there is debate between Nadal and Djokovic on the GOAT. By all intents and purposes, both of them, along with Federer, are already recognized as the greatest to ever do it. So even the smallest, most minuscule stats are brought up as goals for each player to achieve to cement themselves 

• Like 2

I predict BD will do thematic costuming for the first time. (Yes I know they edge into this but next year they will truly go all in.) How’s that for a bold prediction?!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Now you’ve done it…

fwiw Brent announced BD as the defending gold medalist. As far as I am concerned, they are currently 2-peaters.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

I predict BD will do thematic costuming for the first time. (Yes I know they edge into this but next year they will truly go all in.) How’s that for a bold prediction?!

Well...to be fair, all they had to do to theme this year's uniforms was include the color blue. 😉

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

fwiw Brent announced BD as the defending gold medalist. As far as I am concerned, they are currently 2-peaters.

That’s my interpretation as well.  The interruption isn’t their fault.  Nor did it give them any particular advantage over other corps.  

If they win next year, it will be 3 consecutive championships.  There were no championships in between them.  

Maybe DCI can make an official pronouncement though.  I will respect it whatever they decide.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1