Blue Devils in the Details 2023

12 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Well...to be fair, all they had to do to theme this year's uniforms was include the color blue. 😉

I didn't pick up on it until they posted a photo late in the season, but the design on the tops looked like the "blue marble" of earth as viewed from space, which led into the ending globe drill set. My guess is they will continue to sneak details like that in as Chandler specifically said they "would always look like the Blue Devils." Maybe something like the Shakespeare sleeve from '16 from time to time or some different thematic cuts/shapes to the outfits. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, NakedEye said:

I didn't pick up on it until they posted a photo late in the season, but the design on the tops looked like the "blue marble" of earth as viewed from space, which led into the ending globe drill set. My guess is they will continue to sneak details like that in as Chandler specifically said they "would always look like the Blue Devils." Maybe something like the Shakespeare sleeve from '16 from time to time or some different thematic cuts/shapes to the outfits. 

Good eye!

Oh neat.  I didn't notice the what the shoulder patterning looked like from that view.  

The Shakey sleeve from 16 was fantastic.  

43 minutes ago, NakedEye said:

There is a part of me that likes how they remain “Blue Devils” in their costuming. I really loved their guard costumes this year.

But wouldn’t it be shocking if they flew out from behind a big prop wearing neon Jammies?

A boy can…dream.

Blue Devils start back over with Through A Glass Darkly and work all the way up to Tempus Blue.

I can't help but wonder if a corps like Crown won it all in 2019 and 2022, what the reaction on this forum would be when someone say's 2023 wouldn't be considered a three-peat for Crown. 

DCP would go to DEFCON 1 as Skynet retaliates with a nuclear attack. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chief Guns said:

I can't help but wonder if a corps like Crown won it all in 2019 and 2022, what the reaction on this forum would be when someone say's 2023 wouldn't be considered a three-peat for Crown. 

DCP would go to DEFCON 1 as Skynet retaliates with a nuclear attack. 

Some of the Crown supporters do seem a touch prickly. 

• Haha 4

Just now, IllianaLancerContra said:

Some of the Crown supporters do seem a touch prickly. 

I am not attacking them, I have a lot of respect for quite a few of the Crown Honks. I just used Crown as an example since they are a darling of DCP in general.

But you could insert just about any corps into this three-peat equation to be honest.

I mean let's keep it real, there is a clear double standard when it comes to BD at times. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chief Guns said:

I am not attacking them, I have a lot of respect for quite a few of the Crown Honks. I just used Crown as an example since they are a darling of DCP in general.

But you could insert just about any corps into this three-peat equation to be honest.

I mean let's keep it real, there is a clear double standard when it comes to BD at times. 

It is the same reason many baseball fans hate the NY Yankees or college football fans hate Alabama- continued success at a very high level.  

• Like 1