Blue Devils in the Details 2023

3 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

It is the same reason many baseball fans hate the NY Yankees or college football fans hate Alabama- continued success at a very high level.  

Facts!! College football top 25 poll came out earlier today, had to listen to my buddy cry for like 30min because Alabama is ranked #1. 

Quickly reminded me that the ABBD mentality exist everywhere. 

• Like 1

On 8/14/2022 at 10:30 AM, George Dixon said:

it wouldn't really be a 3-peat 

Yes, it would.  Three consecutive wins in three consecutive COMPETITIVE seasons IS a threepeat.  Last year was exhibition only and we didn't HAVE 2020.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Cappybara said:

It comes up because it’s quite literally the only stat that eludes BD relative to other corps. If they get the 3 peat, they atleast match the Cadets and Cavies and have the chance to beat them the year after that 

It’s kinda like in tennis right now there is debate between Nadal and Djokovic on the GOAT. By all intents and purposes, both of them, along with Federer, are already recognized as the greatest to ever do it. So even the smallest, most minuscule stats are brought up as goals for each player to achieve to cement themselves 

It's also like in most sports where you can win everything in sight, but if you don't win Wimbeldon/Indy 500/World Series/Olympic gold/etc some look on you as not achieving much.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

It is the same reason many baseball fans hate the NY Yankees or college football fans hate Alabama- continued success at a very high level.  

I also happen to be a Yankees fan. First game at the old Yankee Stadium in August 1968. So i am used to the abuse!  

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

I can't help but wonder if a corps like Crown won it all in 2019 and 2022, what the reaction on this forum would be when someone say's 2023 wouldn't be considered a three-peat for Crown. 

DCP would go to DEFCON 1 as Skynet retaliates with a nuclear attack. 

Once again, props for using the CORRECT DEFCON level!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Heh, don’t matter on the 3-peat. Even if a certain corps went on a 10-year winning streak, they would only tie BD with the most titles in 2032.  We know that won’t happen so we are looking at BD having the most DCI titles through at least the the 2040’s. By then there will be no more activity because DCI always seems to be dying according to some.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chief Guns said:

I can't help but wonder if a corps like Crown won it all in 2019 and 2022, what the reaction on this forum would be when someone say's 2023 wouldn't be considered a three-peat for Crown. 

DCP would go to DEFCON 1 as Skynet retaliates with a nuclear attack. 

Just won your 20th gold medal and you choose to spend your time complaining about things Crown fans do in your imagination.  😆