Blue Devils in the Details 2023

https://open.spotify.com/track/2WrQwYchTTQ6UE9Cz7xrRl?si=tOeUioGQRnGnFylTgcc28Q

This would be such good source material for BD to use as a 2nd or 3rd piece before the ballad. I always hear songs and instantly hear how it could be transfixed to a corps style lol. 

for those who don’t use Spotify 

Edited by squarepush
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Just won your 20th gold medal and you choose to spend your time complaining about things Crown fans do in your imagination.  😆

Now read my follow up comment back on page four, ninth comment down.

26 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Just won your 20th gold medal and you choose to spend your time complaining about things Crown fans do in your imagination.  😆

And for the record, I spent my time today celebrating with my son, welcoming him home from a fantastic first DCI year with Gold. So proud of him. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, 84BDsop said:

Yes, it would.  Three consecutive wins in three consecutive COMPETITIVE seasons IS a threepeat.  Last year was exhibition only and we didn't HAVE 2020.

Nope. Three consecutive years is a three peat, not three wins in five years 

11 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

And for the record, I spent my time today celebrating with my son, welcoming him home from a fantastic first DCI year with Gold. So proud of him. 

That’s awesome, that corps is on a great roll - hope he had a great season!

Just now, George Dixon said:

That’s awesome, that corps is on a great roll - hope he had a great season!

He did. He loved Gold, the staff, the members, everything. Now he is prepping to make the jump to WC next year. 

• Like 3

The definition of a three peat is literally three consecutive championships/victories. That this is even a debate is funny. No different than an Olympic athlete that three-peats in their event, which are held every 4 years.

Edited by dcsnare93
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

On 8/14/2022 at 4:20 PM, NakedEye said:

And especially since his son was in the corps for a few years. Perhaps he would even contribute an original composition? Something to hope for anyway.

They will certainly enter in an extremely strong position. Bloo and BAC will be the main circling sharks, with Bloo likely having a bit of design edge again. Cadets look poised to rise and if Crown and SCV fix their staffing/design issues, the waters will be very crowded.

I personally would like to see BD move away a bit from the art and theater-based shows, and I say that as someone with a BFA and long art career. They've done a lot of good takes on those ideas in the past decade, but it might be time for something more raw and aggressive to shake things up a bit. Keep people guessing about what's coming next.

From what he has said, he enjoyed the experience and result last time he did an original composition for them. One can only hope!

• Like 2