Blue Devils in the Details 2023

1 hour ago, Chief Guns said:

My son (due to his inner circle of drum corps connections) got to hear BDs ballad and 2nd movement. He said BD sounded insane, and no way anybody should sound that good in March. 

Keep in mind that we are at the part of the season where every Corps sounds so much better than they did in previous years.   Not saying BD doesn’t sound great, just that all Corps do at this point.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Chief Guns said:

My son (due to his inner circle of drum corps connections) got to hear BDs ballad and 2nd movement. He said BD sounded insane, and no way anybody should sound that good in March. 

I've heard it too. 

They sound like BD typically does in the pre-season, which is good for them. 

The music sounds like BD and feels like BD and frankly it'll be a show that you expect from BD.

Not going to give anything away, but its going to be a good and fun season from them. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

55 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Keep in mind that we are at the part of the season where every Corps sounds so much better than they did in previous years.   Not saying BD doesn’t sound great, just that all Corps do at this point.  

100% agree. The next part of the season is congratulating the first corps to break 80, which has suddenly became a thing...................and then finally............."What till corps (insert name) adds their closer!"

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

100% agree. The next part of the season is congratulating the first corps to break 80, which has suddenly became a thing...................and then finally............."What till corps (insert name) adds their closer!"

Actually, complaining about Flo will happen first.  Last season it took literally 45 seconds into the first performance at the first show.  

• Haha 5

34 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Actually, complaining about Flo will happen first.  Last season it took literally 45 seconds into the first performance at the first show.  

45 seconds?!?!

What's taking them so long...........lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

45 seconds?!?!

Well, typing them in takes a moment or 2, plus upload speeds.  

I propose a new term - ‘floment’. It is the amount of time between first viewing a Flo issue & the comment concerning Flo posting on DCP.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

I don’t want to jinx myself but i rarely had issues with Flo last year. That being said, i recently cut my internet speed way down to 75 mbps, to save $$. It is just me here and i have been assured by Comcast that this should more than adequate for streaming. My Roku works just fine on my Yankee games. Any thoughts on this?  I can bump it back up to 225 for a few months if i have to but i hate paying for speed I don’t need. Of course, i can always wait until the first stream and see how it goes but figured someone here may have some advice. Thanks, in advance. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DWW11 said:

News is always slow this time of year.  Particularly for BD. Just wanted to make sure all BD peeps are still present and accounted for.  

I'm here and always lurking in the shadows, waiting come out into the light.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

45 seconds?!?!

yeah i had the over under on 5

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...

CONGRATULATIONS! Mr. David Glyde. He's been an incredible contributor to Blue Devils' success.

Screenshot-2023-04-30-at-14-31-29-BD-Per

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2