The Cavaliers 2023

Ya know, I was thinking last night about music that could be in future shows.... and then I remembered this gem! Imagine your pure testosterone energy Cavies can bring to the table and a powerful lowbrass mixed with wailing mellows with a strong soprano line. I think Cavies could pull it off.

17 hours ago, Hook'emCavies said:

Hahahahaha! 

Hey that's great! I'm a bit nervous for them, but proud that I get to see the 75th anniversary show live.

Don't let it sting too much. You already know I'll be cheering for thr Blue Stars.

They've got fun stuff cooking for sure! I'll be rooting for the Blue Stars too!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hook'emCavies said:

I just had a thought. What if they are playing Rainbow Connection? That would be a great ballad.

Are you referring to "the sweet sound that calls the young sailor"? Someday, we'll find it...  

Just played the Kenny Loggins version today for our pre-k.  (from his "Return to Pooh Corner" album - great picking!)  The title song is my favorite.  Kids love it!      

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, keystone3ply said:

Are you referring to "the sweet sound that calls the young sailor"? Someday, we'll find it...  

Just played the Kenny Loggins version today for our pre-k.  (from his "Return to Pooh Corner" album - great picking!)  The title song is my favorite.  Kids love it!      

Funny enough, I am reminiscing myself in those titles (I worked a couple of overnights, so I had about 3 regular days off). I still love them. 

Just imagine The Muppets "Rainbow Connection" feeding into the Wizard of Oz's "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" would be awesome.

• Like 1

I’m loving this quote from the most recent Cavaliers newsletter:

Audiences will hear familiar classics and favorites, as well as original compositions and music never before played by The Cavaliers. In familiar places. In new spaces. Over there, and right here in your heart. Sometimes hiding, sometimes right before your ears and eyes we present “...Where You’ll Find Me,” a love letter from the members of the 75th edition of The Cavaliers.”

Edited by GREENBLUE
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, GREENBLUE said:

I’m loving this quote from the most recent Cavaliers newsletter:

Audiences will hear familiar classics and favorites, as well as original compositions and music never before played by The Cavaliers. In familiar places. In new spaces. Over there, and right here in your heart. Sometimes hiding, sometimes right before your ears and eyes we present “...Where You’ll Find Me,” a love letter from the members of the 75th edition of The Cavaliers.”

Just saw this post on Instagram. I can't contain my excitement!!!!! That is an awesome description!!

I can't be the only one pumped about Richard Sausado doing some original composing for The Cavaliers again. 

Crazy as it may seem.... this will be the first season that I get to hear his work live... on The Cavaliers staff. This is going to be fantastic!

• Like 3