The Cavaliers 2023

8 minutes ago, JAZZER said:

Glad to hear that the plumed Aussies will be back.

Headgear is cool again. (mass applause)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Headgear is cool again. (mass applause)

Boston is back into hats again for 2023 as well.  I hope this trend gains traction.  I just think Headwear "finishes the look" of any corps. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, craiga said:

Boston is back into hats again for 2023 as well.  I hope this trend gains traction.  I just think Headwear "finishes the look" of any corps. 

Well put and 100% right on. 

(even more mass applause)

34 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Well put and 100% right on. 

(even more mass applause)

It's more unified and easier to identify the corps. I obviously understand it in WGI, but DCI needs to be different... in a sense. 

My buddies always used football as an example. Imagine the Texas Longhorns wearing a uniform that wasn't burnt orange or white, but it was silver and gold. The longhorn symbol is not on the helmet and thr color of the helmet is purple. Who are they? I'm not trying to bash WGI or anything like that, but in drum corps it makes sense for things to be a bit more unified. It's just a better way to identify the corps. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hook'emCavies said:

It's more unified and easier to identify the corps. I obviously understand it in WGI, but DCI needs to be different... in a sense. 

My buddies always used football as an example. Imagine the Texas Longhorns wearing a uniform that wasn't burnt orange or white, but it was silver and gold. The longhorn symbol is not on the helmet and thr color of the helmet is purple. Who are they? I'm not trying to bash WGI or anything like that, but in drum corps it makes sense for things to be a bit more unified. It's just a better way to identify the corps. 

I agree with you.  Having taught both indoor guards and winter drum lines, I get the whole facial expression/emoting thing to connect with judges and fans.  I doubt however if it is possible to emote effectively at Allentown, San Antonio,  or Indy. On the other hand,  Headwear helps with uniformity and visual clarity, imho.

On 9/6/2022 at 9:15 PM, GetOFFmyDot said:

Edited by dureau