Finals 2022 -- Saturday's Attendance?

2 minutes ago, oldbandguy said:

2022 Finals attendance was over 23,000.  That's PAID ATTENDANCE.  A good bit higher when you factor in those in attendance that did not have to pay...like other corps members, staff, volunteers, Impact Band and parents, USMC etc.

Do you have a link to this info? I couldn't find anything official.

1 minute ago, oldbandguy said:

Dan Potter has it on his FB page this afternoon.  He has some pretty good connections so I'm thinking it's probably a good number.

Probably as good as we're going to get until DCI publishes something.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, brassboy said:

It was in the opening paragraph of Jeff Griffith’s finals write-up for DCI:

https://www.dci.org/news/true-blue-devils-take-20th-gold-in-golden-anniversary-finale

Ok thanks! I saw that but apparently skimmed too quickly thinking it was about the Corps more than the event. 

• Like 1

The fail was people following each other off the cliff. From the other side of the stadium, it was walk up and walk in. Nobody parking and walking in from that side could see “a line” (or even knew it was there because it was on the other side of the building). Apparently, those that queued in “the big line” were unable to see that there were 11 open turnstiles at the E gates just past the 4 they were bottlenecking into and, through what amounted to peer pressure, kept themselves from the show by assuming the others around them were doing it correctly. Turns out they weren’t. Would a little outside crowd control or direction have helped? Probably. I imagine posting a few volunteers outside next year will improve this situation.