Finals 2022 -- Saturday's Attendance?

On 8/15/2022 at 5:31 AM, keystone3ply said:

Just 1/82 of fan comments under the delay post on FB:

"DCI definitely needs to review what happened/didn’t happen and make massive improvements! Those individuals who have disabilities or limited mobility had a tremendous issue also. Totally unacceptable situation."

Keystone, thanks for your appreciated observations/experience. Due to my own Handicap and limited mobility, I count myself most fortunate to have had to suddenly cancel, Tuesday Morning, August 9th, all my refundable flights, hotel reservations and the three nights of DCI Prelims, Semi's and Final's tickets that also were refundable thanks to the Allianz Insurance I purchased for only $12.00 per ticket. Disappointedly but necessary in that moment, Grateful to have saved my original $2000.00 investment. While still enjoying all the DCI 50th Anniversary TV Coverage from the comfort of my recliner.

It was a truly an AWESOME, UNFORGETABLE, COVID 19 DCI DRUM CORPS RECOVERY, IN HISTORICAL FASHION AND WITH UNPRECEDENTED CORPS AND MARCHING MEMBER PERFORMANCE ACCOMPLISHMENTS. CONGRATS ALL, BRAVO!

• Like 3

On 8/14/2022 at 11:46 PM, DrumCorpsRelic said:

Terri, I responded to the survey. Unfortunately noting to a sudden onset of illness last Monday i hand to cancel all my Flights and Hotel Reservations along with three prelims, Semi's and Finals DCI event tickets which I purchased guaranteed ticket Refund Allianz insurance. Thus I recovered all but $36.00 in insurance cost of my nearly $2000.00 initial investment. So disappointed, that at 71 years young, this would most likely have been my Last DCI finals "Hurrah" 😥. But grateful that in the end, all worked out for the Best. 

Feel better mon frere...peace

• Like 1

1 minute ago, waliman4444 said:

Feel better mon frere...peace

WALIMAN4444, I do, my Friend,  Merci Beaucoup.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DrumCorpsRelic said:

Keystone, thanks for your appreciated observations/experience. Due to my own Handicap and limited mobility, I count myself most fortunate to have had to suddenly cancel, Tuesday Morning, August 9th, all my refundable flights, hotel reservations and the three nights of DCI Prelims, Semi's and Final's tickets that also were refundable thanks to the Allianz Insurance I purchased for only $12.00 per ticket. Disappointedly but necessary in that moment, Grateful to have saved my original $2000.00 investment. While still enjoying all the DCI 50th Anniversary TV Coverage from the comfort of my recliner.

It was a truly an AWESOME, UNFORGETABLE, COVID 19 DCI DRUM CORPS RECOVERY, IN HISTORICAL FASHION AND WITH UNPRECEDENTED CORPS AND MARCHING MEMBER PERFORMANCE ACCOMPLISHMENTS. CONGRATS ALL, BRAVO!

heal well!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/17/2022 at 4:35 AM, keystone3ply said:

And I call ########.  DCI only wants the one gate open (East Verizon) to funnel fans through the Marketplace.  It's been that way for years.  And it's happened at least twice this year: Denton Tx (UNT), & Murfreesboro, Tn (MTSU).  (I witnessed Murfreesboro first hand & saw the social media postings on FB about Denton.)  There may have been 7 scanners at the East gate; still not enough for that size crowd.

The MTSU home side was basically sold out & they only started with 3-4 scanners. Ridiculous.         

I saw this same thing at other local shows too, including Denton.  The quantity of scanners at every show needs re-evaluated and increased. Ogden also had a ridiculous line.  The only 2 shows I went to that did not were DATR at Ft. Collins & San Antonio

• Thanks 1

On 8/18/2022 at 6:49 AM, Jeff Ream said:

heal well!

Yes, I am hoping too! Thanks Jeff Ream, your two words=heart felt.

3 hours ago, DrumCorpsRelic said:

Yes, I am hoping too! Thanks Jeff Ream, your two words=heart felt.

no BS with me, i say what i mean!

now go rest young man!

29 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I don’t know but there was a big crowd in Cincinnati 8/8 and we walked right in,  no issues at all. 

That is how it should be.  I understand wanting everyone to visit the Marketplace, but forcing them all through one entry point in pursuit of that objective takes two major risks:

1.  Safety.  It is finals.  This is the largest crowd of the season, and they want to get in on time.  All this focus on member safety, and no concern for spectator safety?

2.  Attendance.  Entry is restricted to the point of deterring people from attending.  Granted, most of your audience have paid in advance... but some of them will not bother next time if the venue has an established habit of not accommodating the crowd.  Are Marketplace dollars worth risking ticket dollars?

• Like 2