Finals 2022 -- Saturday's Attendance?

1 hour ago, cixelsyd said:

the Marketplace gauntlet.

Thanks for filling in the details.  Honestly, we had corps booths at both ends of the championship stadium for so many years that I just assumed they still did it that way.  

"The Marketplace Gauntlet"; that's good.  All I can see now is Clint Eastwood running the old Silver Eagle Model 01 coach up the steps.  😂 

I think the first booth at the East gate was The Marine Corps & the last booth was Jolesch Photography at the West gate.      

23 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

That is a significant revelation.  Can anyone corroborate that this is being done intentionally by DCI?

Though some entrances may be closed to get people to pass through the marketplace, at least one other entrance would lead to the marketplace. In 2021 I had a ticket issue. I was sent to another entrance, possibly the south though I am not certain. The office where my issue was fixed was near this entrance. It was resolved but when I was about to leave to go to the open gate, my ticket was scanned and I was allowed to go to my seat from this entrance. It was a bit of a walk but I still went through the entire Marketplace. The west entrance which I believe is the VIP entrance would eliminate the marketplace, North is right in the middle. So with at least one other entrance you would still pass through the marketplace.

Without being a giant POS here:

I got in line for finals at 2:45, gates were to open at 3:30. Gates were delayed opening (I couldn't quite hear what the lady said). They opened at about 3:45. From what I personally witnessed, the lines were moving. I was probably 150 deep in the southern-most line at the gate. 

The only hold-ups I saw were those that actually had bags searched and the scanning of tickets. To me, it appeared as though having the ticket scanners so close to the actual metal detectors caused a traffic jam. It could have been better had they unlocked only a couple of the actual doors to the stadium and had the ticket scanners there to alleviate some bottlenecking. 

Maybe that would've helped, maybe it wouldn't. Other than guests needing to get over the fact that everything in society today is digital and actually being prepared with their tickets pulled up. (I witnessed some people fumbling through their phones trying to find the tickets, personally unacceptable to me as we stood there for an hour waiting in line).

2 hours ago, TheOneWhoKnows said:

Without being a giant POS here:

I got in line for finals at 2:45, gates were to open at 3:30. Gates were delayed opening (I couldn't quite hear what the lady said). They opened at about 3:45. From what I personally witnessed, the lines were moving. I was probably 150 deep in the southern-most line at the gate. 

The only hold-ups I saw were those that actually had bags searched and the scanning of tickets. To me, it appeared as though having the ticket scanners so close to the actual metal detectors caused a traffic jam. It could have been better had they unlocked only a couple of the actual doors to the stadium and had the ticket scanners there to alleviate some bottlenecking. 

Maybe that would've helped, maybe it wouldn't. Other than guests needing to get over the fact that everything in society today is digital and actually being prepared with their tickets pulled up. (I witnessed some people fumbling through their phones trying to find the tickets, personally unacceptable to me as we stood there for an hour waiting in line).

It’s like the people who stand in line for fifteen minutes at the ice cream place down the street from me and they don’t know WTH they want when they get to the window after standing there vacant-eyed for fifteen minutes.  I’m surprised my head has t exploded.
BTW, no hold up with my clear bag at the gate.  And my tickets were up and ready. I do it at the airport all the time with my boarding pass.  

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

It’s like the people who stand in line for fifteen minutes at the ice cream place down the street from me and they don’t know WTH they want when they get to the window after standing there vacant-eyed for fifteen minutes.  I’m surprised my head has t exploded.
BTW, no hold up with my clear bag at the gate.  And my tickets were up and ready. I do it at the airport all the time with my boarding pass.  

Fast food mind blower…

Can I take you order?

Yeah let me look at what you have.

Just want to yell “Hey Einstein, that’s why the screens with the menu are so freaking big. So you and read and decide while you are still in line”

• Haha 1