9 hours ago, troon88 said:

Really want to see a Stomp-ish type battery - each player has a unique drummable object (which can be literally anything EXCEPT drums).

I also want to hear bizzaro legal brass instruments no one but say, medieval musicologists have ever heard of. (I'm not one, but there's gotta be some weird stuff out there...right??)

It is a well-established fact that drummers will find any object drumable 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Question 1: Can I drum on it?

Question 2: Can I eat it?

3 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

Question 1: Can I drum on it?

Question 2: Can I eat it?

Can I eat it, THEN drum on it?

11 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

So true but there are rules!

1. Does it have reasonable timbre? If yes..drum on it! If no...still drum on it but complain that your diddles "sound like trash on this thing." * NOTE - Bonus points if you can also reference some terrible drum and drum head combination (I.E. Ludwig Striders, Remo Power Stoke etc) Also note that no matter what your drum instructor tells you about drummers in the 1970's, pillows are NOT made for drumming on. They'll give you tendonitis (trust me on this.)

2. Is it made of wood? If yes...automatic yes. Most drums are made of wood, most drumsticks are made of wood. Therefore the universe created wood to be turned into drums or to be drummed on. It's simple logic. Even antiques are fair game.

3. Can you play rimshots on it? If yes...drum on it of course! If no...meh.

4. Is it durable enough to be drummed on? If yes...drum on it. If no...reinforce it with a magazine and THEN drum on it.

5. Is it annoying when drummed on? If yes...yes and automatic bonus points. If no...I would still drum on. Just sayin'.

6. Can you play Legend of the One Eyed Sailor, Electric Wheelchair, Paradox, Devil Went Down To Georgia, Ditty etc etc etc on it? If yes...drum on it and pay respect to the classics.

7. Can more than 4 people drum on it at once? If yes...um DUH. Of course you drum on it and grab at least 4 other cats to drum on it with you. If no...still drum on it. 

8. Is it a bus head cushion? If yes...drum on it. If no...might still be able to drum on it. See 1-7.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Actually that would be a great gimmick. Set up a full battery made of bus head rests and put them on triggers. 

P.S. BD or Bloo will probably steal this idea.

Edited by Weaklefthand4ever

18 hours ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

4. Is it durable enough to be drummed on? If yes...drum on it. If no...reinforce it with a magazine and THEN drum on it.

Percussionist here, this is NOT a rule we consider

3 hours ago, Orwellian Wiress said:

Percussionist here, this is NOT a rule we consider

Uhhhh...I'm a drummer lol. Some of these things are made in jest.

3 hours ago, MikeN said:

There are like three words in that #4 that I don't even think drummers can *spell.*

Mike (drummer)

Mike....I used spell check lol

• Haha 1