Madison Scouts 2023

On 11/3/2022 at 2:56 PM, DudleytheWest said:

In typical DCP fashion, you really have no idea what you are talking about here. The alumni have a right to be ######. Not only has the current administration shunned its alumni for years, they have been a complete and utter failure. 2015 (the Jim Mason hangout) was the last successful program Madison put out and the last time they were competitively successful. If you, or I, failed at your job like this administration has, we would have been fired long ago. But, the BOD has no backbone. I'm all for inclusion and glad they went co-ed, but that's not going to solve their problems. The board needs to stand up and clean house. 

100% spot on. The ED has been a complete failure. This regime should have been launched 10 years ago. 

23 hours ago, TenHut said:

100% spot on. The ED has been a complete failure. This regime should have been launched 10 years ago. 

The board needs to go, too. The board and the ED have done everything they can to alienate donors and volunteers, shield themselves from accountability, and maintain the status quo in terms of leadership and governance. It's sad to see. 

Edited by madisonsmiley
Clarification.

On 12/2/2022 at 10:59 PM, Jeff Ream said:

note i didn't say Latin music in general. I said Madisons greatest Latin hits. reading everything typed will help you, regardless of how much you try to insult me for your lack of reading comprehension

I wasn't insulting you; I was pointing out a a fact that copious amounts of forum posts do not an expert make.  If Madison decided to redo a classic in a modern way, seriously if done well, who cares and WHY would that be a bad thing?  FWIW arrangements matter.

Edited by Mello Dude

11 hours ago, Mello Dude said:

I wasn't insulting you; I was pointing out a a fact that copious amounts of forum posts do not an expert make.  If Madison decided to redo a classic in a modern way, seriously if done well, who cares and WHY would that be a bad thing?  FWIW arrangements matter.

i was pointing out you read words into what i said. at no point did i comment on post counts. Madison needs to stop strip mining the greatest hits well, because so rarely in drum corps is the sequel better than the original. it's why cadets for the most part have avoided App Spring, Cavies any of the 00-03 Saucedo stuff...the list goes on.

10 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

i was pointing out you read words into what i said. at no point did i comment on post counts. Madison needs to stop strip mining the greatest hits well, because so rarely in drum corps is the sequel better than the original. it's why cadets for the most part have avoided App Spring, Cavies any of the 00-03 Saucedo stuff...the list goes on.

"I" pointed out to that specific fact that is very relevant to forums and how it relates to a qualified opinion.  This is nothing new on the internet.  It still doesn't negate the fact that there is nothing wrong for Madison to be Madison or "DO" Madison stuff.  Modern takes on greatest hits done well...sounds like a win win to me.

38 minutes ago, Mello Dude said:

"I" pointed out to that specific fact that is very relevant to forums and how it relates to a qualified opinion.  This is nothing new on the internet.  It still doesn't negate the fact that there is nothing wrong for Madison to be Madison or "DO" Madison stuff.  Modern takes on greatest hits done well...sounds like a win win to me.

meh.  make new classics.  think outside the box.  

• Like 3

I love the notion of "make new classics."   This is the heart of music selection and performance hype in my view.  No one's 'classics' were much of anything special when they were first selected for performance.  It was something about the performance during the season that made it a moment to remember and love and earn its way into the corps history.  

Add to the catalog as you utilize it strategically.  

• Like 1

I'm excited to see what Boerma does this year. I've played his arrangements both with the Scouts and my college band. They were always a blast.