Madison Scouts 2023

On 5/20/2023 at 1:05 PM, scheherazadesghost said:

I loved last season's show. That is what makes Scouts the corps I'm looking forward to the most this season. 😎

the performance level definitely jumped from 19, but the show itself left me flat

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, scheherazadesghost said:

To each their own.

i digged the show.   I was hoping that the Set would have been integrated a little more.   If its meant to be a living breathing museum, then put the four corners and the origin on wheels and move that sucker  to vary the shape and growth, transition of the membership into integration with the rest of it.   cmon kids, gimme a hook and surprise.  

squeeze the walls in turn the whole thing into a tight diamond shape when you gotta bring the brass close together to blow the walls off the stadium, then ZOOMMMMMM shove those things out to the extremes when it moves to a company front or something.   

My theatre brain tells me... there's more to do, and could've been done.  My drum corps brain says they had lots to accomplish already with a group that had lots to learn.  And they did that very well.   But i'm selfish... so cmon man... gimmme more. 

Edited by C.Holland
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, scheherazadesghost said:

To each their own.

i didn't hate it, and i was not hoping for Malagauena version 1,890,743,238,451,000. it just didn't connect fully

I really liked last year's show. But I think that , imho, what killed their top 12 chances was that the difficulty level wasn't on par with the other groups in front of them. 

But seing their repertoire for this year gets me really excited. There is some room to ear and see some crazy stuff in there !!

Edited by frankdave
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, frankdave said:

I really liked last year's show. But I think that , imho, what killed their top 12 chances was that the difficulty level wasn't on par with the other groups in front of them. 

But seing their repertoire for this year gets me really excited. There is some room to ear and see some crazy stuff in there !!

It was the drill and standing around half the show that hurt last year. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, frankdave said:

7 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

It was the drill and standing around half the show that hurt last year. 

Y'all can't make those kind of comments here. You risk being placed in stocks like the 2023 Crown show. Or at the worst, beheaded. 😁 

I wander what is the traditional Madison thing that is hinted at coming back this year going to be?