Madison Scouts 2023

Please….no spats! Unless you’re gonna do the exact 1981-82 replica uniforms! By the way, I think the coolest “Madison” looking uniform/costume of late, was the 2021 look. Very crisp, very modern, and very Madison!

Edited by ComicJeff2012
Incomplete
  • Like 1

On 10/28/2022 at 1:29 PM, TexasPRfan said:

It's really a shame that there is so much division within the Madison Alumni.  

We've had lots of large alumni gatherings for 20 years or so and I have yet to experience any real division in person.  But I get how it looks this way via "internet world". 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2023 at 11:06 AM, C.Holland said:

i digged the show.   I was hoping that the Set would have been integrated a little more.   If its meant to be a living breathing museum, then put the four corners and the origin on wheels and move that sucker  to vary the shape and growth, transition of the membership into integration with the rest of it.   cmon kids, gimme a hook and surprise.  

squeeze the walls in turn the whole thing into a tight diamond shape when you gotta bring the brass close together to blow the walls off the stadium, then ZOOMMMMMM shove those things out to the extremes when it moves to a company front or something.   

My theatre brain tells me... there's more to do, and could've been done.  My drum corps brain says they had lots to accomplish already with a group that had lots to learn.  And they did that very well.   But i'm selfish... so cmon man... gimmme more. 

I thought last year was a step in the right direction in terms of modernization and design, although I found it to be pretty boring honestly. The staff really did the members a huge disservice by writing a show that was so lacking in complexity. They had no chance to make finals from the get-go. I hope they write a show this year that gives them a chance to compete for a spot in the lower top 12. I mean we have to take small steps here, but not as small as they took last year.

It's like with Star in the late '80s. Their staff had written shows in '88 and '89 that were beneath the talent of their members. They finally learned their lesson with 1990. Madison needs to keep pushing themselves, each year to get back towards the top.

18 hours ago, DudleytheWest said:

I thought last year was a step in the right direction in terms of modernization and design, although I found it to be pretty boring honestly. The staff really did the members a huge disservice by writing a show that was so lacking in complexity. They had no chance to make finals from the get-go. I hope they write a show this year that gives them a chance to compete for a spot in the lower top 12. I mean we have to take small steps here, but not as small as they took last year.

It's like with Star in the late '80s. Their staff had written shows in '88 and '89 that were beneath the talent of their members. They finally learned their lesson with 1990. Madison needs to keep pushing themselves, each year to get back towards the top.

How many chances does this regime get? Change is loooong overdue. 

18 hours ago, DudleytheWest said:

If Madison is to move up who moves down?

15 hours ago, BlueStainGlass said:

If Madison is to move up who moves down?

That's the big question, but corps move up and down every year - except for BD (well I don't call dropping from 1st to 2nd moving down). No one would have expect Cavies in 9th and BK in 14th coming into last season, so who knows.

15 hours ago, TenHut said:

How many chances does this regime get? Change is loooong overdue. 

Well, I refrained from saying that, but yes, my thoughts exactly. If I failed at my job the way Chris (and others) have failed at Madison I would have lost my job a long time ago. The BOD is obviously failing the organization from a competitive standpoint. To be fair, I don't know all the ins and outs and what the financial health of Madison is, but is it better to be 15th or from 1st a few years ago to gone like Vanguard? 

4 hours ago, DudleytheWest said:

Well, I refrained from saying that, but yes, my thoughts exactly. If I failed at my job the way Chris (and others) have failed at Madison I would have lost my job a long time ago. The BOD is obviously failing the organization from a competitive standpoint. To be fair, I don't know all the ins and outs and what the financial health of Madison is, but is it better to be 15th or from 1st a few years ago to gone like Vanguard? 

I see it kind of like the college football landscape.  So many schools fired good coaches trying to keep up with Nick Saban and then found themselves worse off.  Going 9-3 every year is a heck of a lot better thank taking a chance on the "next big name" that turns out to be a dud.  If you change leadership, who do you realistically get that's better?  Who can you afford - admin, designers, techs - that will let you still be around in future seasons?

• Haha 1

On 6/10/2023 at 12:14 AM, DudleytheWest said:

I spent the day watching the Madison scouts rehearse in Whitewater Wisconsin last year. Some thing that stood out to me was that the staff and membership looked very young. If that observation is indeed true , hopefully each year they will grow and get better and better 😁