A world without GE

No matter what changes are made to the judging sheets, at the end of that special night in Indy, there will be only ONE group (unless a tie) indicated by those sheets as the FIRST PLACE, the overall CHAMPION.

Unfortunately, every other group goes back home disappointed to some degree. Sad, but that’s what it is.

2022 was a magnificent DCI Finals, all the same!

🏆

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TheOneWhoKnows said:

Just like I die on my hill that I believe technically, Relentless was a better show and could've taken GE from Bluecoats had they kept the original ending. 

If they kept the gunshot it could have won. Changed for the worse which is a hill I will die on since this thread has a lot of hills. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BlueStainGlass said:

If they kept the gunshot it could have won. Changed for the worse which is a hill I will die on since this thread has a lot of hills. 

I agree. I understand the change, and supported it with the current events that had happened at the time, but I still wish they hadn't changed it. Layer, but keep the gunshot. 

Oh, you can go further back and see that there would have been changes in placement WITHOUT the GE scores. Or, at least the scores would have been closer.

Edited by Rocketman

2 hours ago, BlueStainGlass said:

I completely understand their reasoning behind changing the ending of the, but with how the music was written and the impact, the original ending as much more effective. 

6 hours ago, Boss Anova said:

The biggest change I would like to see on the sheets is a return to the addition of a 2nd Percussion Judge to Regionals, and to Championships. It adds more balance to the percussion scores, imo.  Once DCI decided to take Percussion judges off the field and decided it was better for them in their caption to assess drumline battery performance execution levels essentially from a  further distance away rather than closer to the performers, then to no surprise we began to see more volatility in percussion scores from nite to nite. Had DCI chosen however to retain their 2nd percussion judge format at the Regionals and Championships, then perhaps there would have been more balance, imo. Were the quite evident volatility in Percussion scores among the Corps this season a function of percussion performance irregularities from show to show ? Perhaps. Or was it more likely Percussion judges are judging drumline batterys from further distances now, and in tandem with the the elimination of the 2nd percussion judge at big shows, the noticeable volatility now in the percussion shows scores is more a function of the change in how DCI now judges Percussion ? Maybe its a combination though too.. who knows. But I personally would like DCI Corps to vote to return to the 2 Percussion Judge format, especially at Indy. But thats not my call. They will have to decide what changes they want... if any.

i believe the 2nd MA judge is better, because at a normal show, with MA you get a brass person or a percussion person. with the double, you get one of each. in a dome, the 2nd percussion judge upstairs had to fight the buildings built in issues with sound to be able to hear stuff, and often struggled to hear how the front lined up to the battery

2 hours ago, 84BDsop said:

What about 1984?   Asking for 127 friends....

Cadets