Bluecoats 2023

With a late season surge to a tie for the silver (with a very worthy BAC) and a newly minted Sanford in the trophy case, what will the mad scientists from Canton, OH come up with for 2023? 

• Like 1

What I love is that despite Bloo being a near perennial medalist—I have no clue what their next show will be. Except that it will be surprising and obtuse while also at the same time being an absolute blast to watch.

Blast…no pun intended.

Edited by MikeRapp
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...

My Bloo 2023 wishlist:

It's short.

I want to see a program that dominates on a technical level.  I know that they will nail the design, but I want to see a technical music and visual book that calls for obvious envelope-pushing impacts and an attitude of near-reckless-abandon.  They don't have to be like BD or Crown, but I want them to have a total book that recognizes the advantages of dominating  scoring margins in the subcaptions.

I don't think that this has ever been a design priority for Bloo... so I would like to see them try.

Otherwise, I'm looking forward to whatever magic they come up with!

6 hours ago, cfirwin3 said:

My Bloo 2023 wishlist:

It's short.

I want to see a program that dominates on a technical level.  I know that they will nail the design, but I want to see a technical music and visual book that calls for obvious envelope-pushing impacts and an attitude of near-reckless-abandon.  They don't have to be like BD or Crown, but I want them to have a total book that recognizes the advantages of dominating  scoring margins in the subcaptions.

I don't think that this has ever been a design priority for Bloo... so I would like to see them try.

Otherwise, I'm looking forward to whatever magic they come up with!

Well, it seems to me that the brass staff has been beefed up, so that should help on the pedagogical side of that caption.

• Like 1

they could follow up this years car show with Red Barchetta by Rush

"Suck it Up...A Tribute to Hubert Cecil Booth"

inventor of the vacuum cleaner

A musical journey through the evolution of the device from noisy and bulky to trim and quiet. The judges can serve as debris.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, alphabetmonkey said:

"Suck it Up...A Tribute to Hubert Cecil Booth" , inventor of the vacuum cleaner.   A musical journey through the evolution of the device from noisy and bulky to trim and quiet. The judges can serve as debris.

This might work better in the WGI arena with a bunch of robotic vacuums.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TOC said:

This might work better in the WGI arena with a bunch of robotic vacuums.

Rumba for Roomba eh?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Depends on the what's in the bowl they are sharing for the show design meeting..... 🙂

• Haha 1