Prop safety OSHA Certified

To be clear, I wasn't saying it is the exact OSHA definition. It is the specification that WGI has developed for their rulebook. I cannot vouch for any direct connection to OSHA standards. 

• Like 1

I know that member safety is the first priority of DCI. Buuuut on the other hand, imagine all the sick shows we'd have if they got rid of all the safety stuff:babies:

(guys this is a joke. please don't get mad. although a dci show with pyrotechnics would absolutely dominate general effect)

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Orwellian Wiress said:

I know that member safety is the first priority of DCI. Buuuut on the other hand, imagine all the sick shows we'd have if they got rid of all the safety stuff:babies:

(guys this is a joke. please don't get mad. although a dci show with pyrotechnics would absolutely dominate general effect)

I was hoping Blue Stars would do something with the cannons. Maybe compressed air shooting out streamers? Or is compressed air verboten?

Just running through the props we just saw in my mind, I would think most, if not all, did conform to these general guidelines. The top of BD's stairs looked to not be over 6'. The SCV structures, as rickety as they appeared, completely surrounded the members with pieces that acted as railings when they climbed up in them. Phantom's tables weren't that tall. The big Mandarins stuff also had pieces that acted as railings, and the smaller X props with steps, were fairly short. The upper stage in the big Bloo set looked less than 6'. 

The one very tall one (Troopers) did clearly have a harness for the cellist.