Prop safety OSHA Certified

30 minutes ago, mingusmonk said:

The DCI rulebook linked above shows a January 2019 approval date for the "current" Props section. You would have to see the 2014 Prop section to know. That is, if a Props section even existed in 2014. If I am remembering correctly, the WGI prop height rules were established around 2017'ish.

I seem to remember there was a BD guard member that was seriously injured due to a prop prior to the 2014 season. That prompted some of these rules. Hard to fathom (but not really) it took 5 years to put prop safety rules in place.

I was at Met Life when the Bluecoats did their first Beatles show.

I couldn't believe that their props (ramps)  got so slick from a light rain, that they had to delay their performance so they could "towel  them off" .

A disaster waiting to happen.

Common sense tells you to use some type on "non-slip" surface.

We have to use it on any  "ramp" for playground  equipment .

• Thanks 2

Jim pushed and pulled that cakeZilla monstrosity around in ‘17.  He felt it was very unsafe.  He voiced his concerns on the Cadets volunteers Facebook page for the safety of the members and he was told he wasn’t a supporter of the corps.  After that, I made it official and stopped donating $100 a month. 

• Thanks 5

2 hours ago, rpbobcat said:

I couldn't believe that their props (ramps)  got so slick from a light rain, that they had to delay their performance so they could "towel  them off" .

Their props this year had all walkable surfaces covered in "grit paint." It was under the tarp coverings, which is why any time there was a show with moisture, they didn't put the coverings on. 

You can see the details in their sale listings from the used props, where they say that feature is there specifically for any rain or dew situations. They learned from 2019 and improved. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Jim pushed and pulled that cakeZilla monstrosity around in ‘17.  He felt it was very unsafe.  He voiced his concerns on the Cadets volunteers Facebook page for the safety of the members and he was told he wasn’t a supporter of the corps.  After that, I made it official and stopped donating $100 a month. 

well that was the mindset at that time. all for one, one for one

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, rpbobcat said:

Don't worry they're just getting ready for Downside Up 2

7 hours ago, FTNK said:

the plywood deck of Troopers' oil derrick is only 3/8" according to its FB ad, @C.Holland you mentioned being concerned about 1/2"

297335575_104545055693383_58565353654197

that's really adorable. a sentient drum corps prop, i love it

• Like 1