Phantom Regiment's Standing O

On 8/24/2022 at 9:54 PM, totaleefree said:

Wow people have a lot of free time on their hands. To get really accurate we need to count how many people were standing and for how long, then decide if we want to use the raw number of people standing, or that number as a percentage of the crowd. So if PR had 20,000 people standing for 1 minute eighteen seconds, and Cadets had 11,000 people satnding for one minute and twentyone seconds, which is the bigger standing O. Or if on only had 89%% of the crowd standing for 2 minutes and the other had 94% standing for one minute and fiftyeight seconds, which was the bigger O.  Be sure to count every person in every frame of the video to make sure you get an accurate count.

💯 

On 8/24/2022 at 9:54 PM, totaleefree said:

Wow people have a lot of free time on their hands. To get really accurate we need to count how many people were standing and for how long, then decide if we want to use the raw number of people standing, or that number as a percentage of the crowd. So if PR had 20,000 people standing for 1 minute eighteen seconds, and Cadets had 11,000 people satnding for one minute and twentyone seconds, which is the bigger standing O. Or if on only had 89%% of the crowd standing for 2 minutes and the other had 94% standing for one minute and fiftyeight seconds, which was the bigger O.  Be sure to count every person in every frame of the video to make sure you get an accurate count.

But...that person in section 143 row H seat 12 wasn't really standing to applaud as much as he was just stretching his legs and letting out some gas!   Therefore the Standing O from Babylon was longer!   [just getting ahead of the arguments here]

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

But...that person in section 143 row H seat 12 wasn't really standing to applaud as much as he was just stretching his legs and letting out some gas!   Therefore the Standing O from Babylon was longer!   [just getting ahead of the arguments here]

Nope.

good lord drum corps fans will argue about anything

• Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Pretty much. Season is over. What else is there to argue about?

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

thatsthejoke.jpg

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

Not Phantom because I was sincerely standing for them but there were a few that I was stretching the old gams. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Heh. I randomly invented a seat number but mildly worried I'd pinpointed the seat of someone here.  

The story, all names, characters, and incidents portrayed in my posts are fictitious. No identification with actual persons (living or deceased), places, buildings, and products is intended or should be inferred.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

Heh. I randomly invented a seat number but mildly worried I'd pinpointed the seat of someone here.  

The story, all names, characters, and incidents portrayed in my posts are fictitious. No identification with actual persons (living or deceased), places, buildings, and products is intended or should be inferred.

Not me.  142 all three days.