An HOUR to get into Lucas Oil Stadium????

The real questions are, how many gates were open?  We’re they all along one side, or on two sides? 

were attendees smart enough to walk to the shorter lines? 

• Confused 1

I was in the "north line" from ~4:30 - 5:15pm, and upon reaching the east gates did notice the "south line" was much shorter and more walk up and check in, but still ALL the gate checkers were busy. Even if half the north line was instantly transported to the south line, I don't think the overall check in rate would have improved.

I made a post on another thread saying that I would camp out in front of a stadium for days to see some of my favorite 2010s shows, i think now i gotta be careful what i wish for

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, C.Holland said:

The real questions are, how many gates were open?  We’re they all along one side, or on two sides? 

were attendees smart enough to walk to the shorter lines? 

3 hours ago, siletzspey said:

I was in the "north line" from ~4:30 - 5:15pm, and upon reaching the east gates did notice the "south line" was much shorter and more walk up and check in, but still ALL the gate checkers were busy. Even if half the north line was instantly transported to the south line, I don't think the overall check in rate would have improved.

@C.Holland Not sure what you're implying, but there was only one gate open & the "lines" to enter wrapped around the North gate (W South St).  Someone stated it wrapped all the way around to the West gate. (S Missouri St) 

The only fan/ticket entrance was the Verizon East Gate (S Capitol Ave) as it has always been.  (There were basically 4 lines to enter thru the East gate.)  They want you to walk all the way around the venue through the marketplace.  That's the protocol since I've attended the Lucas Oil venue.  

There maybe a VIP entrance, but I'm not even a VIP spending over $700 on tickets.  I tried to exit one night through the North gates but they were locked down.  (In the past you could exit thru the West & North gates.)  We had to exit thru the East gate.  I guess if we had an "active shooter"...

@siletzspeyI think he's refering to the North line were everyone walking from the North downtown area hotels.  The "South line" was probably coming form the South parking areas.  But they were all trying to enter one gate: Verizon East Gate which has basically 4 lines to enter.      

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

@C.Holland Not sure what you're implying, but there was only one gate open & the "lines" to enter wrapped around the North gate (W South St).  Someone stated it wrapped all the way around to the West gate. (S Missouri St) 

The only fan/ticket entrance was the Verizon East Gate (S Capitol Ave) as it has always been.  (There were basically 4 lines to enter thru the East gate.)  They want you to walk all the way around the venue through the marketplace.  That's the protocol since I've attended the Lucas Oil venue.  

There maybe a VIP entrance, but I'm not even a VIP spending over $700 on tickets.  I tried to exit one night through the North gates but they were locked down.  (In the past you could exit thru the West & North gates.)  We had to exit thru the East gate.  I guess if we had an "active shooter"...

@siletzspeyI think he's refering to the North line were everyone walking from the North downtown area hotels.  The "South line" was probably coming form the South parking areas.  But they were all trying to enter one gate: Verizon East Gate which has basically 4 lines to enter.      

Not having those gates open for exit if a disaster occurred, is a really bad idea. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My relatives said it was about 15 minutes to get into Lucas oil if you had a bag.  No line at all if you had no bag and you could go through the express lane.  Large crowd, they said.  They didn’t give me a number.  I’m asking about concessions now.  They may get sick of the third degree and disown me.  😂 

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Not having those gates open for exit if a disaster occurred, is a really bad idea. 

That’s what I nicely mentioned to the sweet lady at the door.  Said something to the effect that if we had an incident we’re basically locked in… They have had the North & West gates (the metal gates) open at the end of the show for exit. Not sure why it has changed. 

• Like 1

One gate open -- East Gate

Multiple lines to enter at that gate.

When we entered (around 5:15) there were about 4 Express (no bags) lines open. Those lines basically made a long "U" down toward the street and back. Probably 100 or so folks in each line.

I believe there were 3 non-Express lines. Two wrapped around the North side of LOS (towards downtown) and then towards the West Gate. As I've mentioned in other threads, the "normal" line beside the last Express line was surprisingly empty -- maybe 60 folks or less. We jumped in it and frankly forgot about anything else but our good fortune.

As in previous years, the East Gate entrance funnels folks thru the Marketplace before you get to your seats. It's also the closest gate to the ticket office.

We had those expensive "VIP" tickets (Super 3), but no special entrance for us.

Finally, we've ALWAYS been able to use the North gate to exit LOS. This is the one where the Corps equipment trucks are and where they get their group photos. I don't know when it would have been closed.