An HOUR to get into Lucas Oil Stadium????

21 minutes ago, lawdn said:

it is clear are no easy fixes absent an infusion of money that will never exist.

Adding $5 a ticket each night would bring in like $200,000.  Would that help hire/attract a few more scanners and concession people?

In the midst of paying many hundreds for tickets, hotel and travel costs, I would be much less bothered by paying $5 more than I would by being prevented from seeing the very thing I went to all the trouble and paid all that money to see.  

• Like 2

On 8/16/2022 at 4:59 PM, bluecoats88 said:

I just walked up and it took about 15 minutes to get in

Same, walked up to the stadium and through the gate around 20 minutes before Troopers took the field. Not sure why people were forming lines. 

29 minutes ago, Hrothgar15 said:

Same, walked up to the stadium and through the gate around 20 minutes before Troopers took the field. Not sure why people were forming lines. 

In several of the comments on DCI’s FB post announcing the delay of the show start, people said that DCI staff directed them to turn around and get in the line. I never saw anyone purporting to be acting in an official capacity, other than someone ushering INpact families to the gate to get in to see their kids perform, but I arrived at the time of the snaking line, and S Capitol Ave sidewalk was packed.

Edited by lawdn
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, skevinp said:

Well we now know that better simple communication could have significantly reduced the entrance delay without requiring additional staffing.

But as for staffing, why not hire more people than needed so that if some don’t show up, there are still enough.  And if they don’t have enough people to do that, require them to contract additional staff or allow dci to.  

Maybe there are reasons that one idea won’t work.  I’m sure every thought off the top of every head won’t produce a solution, but I find it hard to believe that no idea will produce a solution or lead to another idea that will.  

So what happens in arenas and stadiums.  They DO hire more than needed.  Concessions, Door staff, security, janitors, etc.  BUT these are part time jobs. In a city that has only a few major events in the summer. It has so few events that even stagehands will often go find work in other cities for summer concerts.  (The crew at indiana rep theatre usually head to summer theatres or simply take unemployment for 3 months during summer since there’s no event work). These event jobs only work when there’s events.   

if you’re a good concession vendor in Indy, your summers are spent working for the Minor league team while fall and spring are for football, basketball, and the concert season.  

In summer there’s one minor league baseball team, no basketball, no football, no college ball, no conferences, and only a reasonable  concert venue out in noblesville.  So beyond dci, a few concerts, and the few events and the race track, event workers have to find other jobs for summer. Same as we did in Lexington and Louisville. 

there’s likely a roster of 150 door people. But with no real sustainable work from June to Sept it means most people are either on vacation, unemployment, or simply working elsewhere on a temp contract. 

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, lawdn said:

Yeah, contractual remedies are retrospective and don’t help in the moment. In an ideal world one might do scenario and contingency planning, but DCI staffing is likely more limited these days than ever, and LOS may not be interested in doing it anyway. I sure would be preparing to bring it up during contract renewal discussions.

hell i'd be bringing it up when settling the bill for last weekend.

3 hours ago, lawdn said:

Please don’t go away.

oh no worries, you're not rid of me yet. but DCI has pretty much banned me from commenting on any of their social media platforms LOL

3 hours ago, skevinp said:

He won’t.  We’ve been trying for years.  😂

you complete me

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, skevinp said:

Adding $5 a ticket each night would bring in like $200,000.  Would that help hire/attract a few more scanners and concession people?

In the midst of paying many hundreds for tickets, hotel and travel costs, I would be much less bothered by paying $5 more than I would by being prevented from seeing the very thing I went to all the trouble and paid all that money to see.  

Well ticket prices ARE going up...and by significantly more than $5 a ticket.  And that price hike was determined before the gates opened on Thursday.

"If you build it, they will come...and stand in line."

Edited by oldbandguy