An HOUR to get into Lucas Oil Stadium????

44 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

It was the same when my relatives went to the Def Leppard concert the Wednesday after DCI finals.  Easy Peasy entry and lots of concessions.  

So is LOS charging a good bit for the extra staff to handle the flow? And if so, is it not worth DCIs $$$ to pay it or can’t DCI afford it? 
(yeah that would make more sense if I quoted the NFL game post)

41 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

So is LOS charging a good bit for the extra staff to handle the flow? And if so, is it not worth DCIs $$$ to pay it or can’t DCI afford it? 
(yeah that would make more sense if I quoted the NFL game post)

I couldn’t say. But I’ll probably get there at 3pm next year to avoid the cluster####. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I couldn’t say. But I’ll probably get there at 3pm next year to avoid the cluster####. 

i'll log in on Flo. no wait times unless Flo is Flo

On 11/17/2022 at 8:35 AM, Tim K said:

The long lines, bad on Friday, far worse on Saturday, were a blemish on DCI. We never heard a satisfactory answer to whether it was poor planning on the part of DCI or understaffing at Lucas Oil. Looking back now and considering the concession stand issues, I’m thinking it is more a Lucas Oil issue. That being said, a good number of people who attend DCI finals also go to Grand Nationals. My guess, if it is a LOS issue, the folks at DCI called their neighbors and colleagues at BOA and both put the pressure on LOS to do a better job. If it was a DCI issue, BOA probably learned from their mistakes.

It was a DCI issue.  It also happened at two Texas shows & the Murfreesboro show in July.   

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

It was a DCI issue.  It also happened at two Texas shows & the Murfreesboro show in July.   

If you had to wait to get into a show in Texas in July, you have my sympathy! It must have been brutal if it happened on any of the days the temps were in the three digits.

I did give DCI the benefit of the doubt for a few reasons. Usually things go off without any issues, at least in Indy. Also, ticket handlers had difficulties with scanning the tickets and my bigger gripe, the concession stand lines. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

Same in Ft Collins. I just hung out in the lot for most of the show. I don't do cattle calls.

LOL..pretty much sums it up.

2 hours ago, Tim K said:

If you had to wait to get into a show in Texas in July, you have my sympathy! It must have been brutal if it happened on any of the days the temps were in the three digits.

I did give DCI the benefit of the doubt for a few reasons. Usually things go off without any issues, at least in Indy. Also, ticket handlers had difficulties with scanning the tickets and my bigger gripe, the concession stand lines. 

No Texas shows for me but it was all over social media complete with pics.  Fans were calling out DCI.  I did experience the Murfreesboro fiasco.  They had to delay the start of the show due to their incompetence.  I witnessed the entire series of events after I entered the stadium waiting on some friends.  And someone stated DCI has a new guy in charge of their event box office, gates, etc.  It was a fiasco...        

Idea inspired by the DCI schedule thread.  
As there are 2 domed stadiums (San Antonio & St Louis) that lack NFL teams, perhaps DCI could get a good deal on owning their own stadium. It could then be modified into the perfect marching performance venue (optimize acoustics, logistics facilities etc).  Probably has enough office space for DCI as well.  Off season could host marching bands, concerts etc.  😎

• Like 1

On 11/23/2022 at 9:49 AM, Tim K said:

You are showing your northeasterness.  In grad school I spent many days in south Louisiana rice fields, pastures, etc.  90+ degrees, 95% humidity, and no wind.   At least Texas has wind. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2