An HOUR to get into Lucas Oil Stadium????

On 11/25/2022 at 10:54 PM, Jeff Ream said:

And the nfl has ignored San Antonio for decades

Red McCombs REALLY wanted to get the Raiders in San Antonio. It’s a bigger market than Vegas (more than twice the population) but there’s no way Jerry would allow anyone to cannibalize his fan base. (Which is big in San Antonio as well.)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, year1buick said:

Red McCombs REALLY wanted to get the Raiders in San Antonio. It’s a bigger market than Vegas (more than twice the population) but there’s no way Jerry would allow anyone to cannibalize his fan base. (Which is big in San Antonio as well.)

Yep.  San Antonio tried the ‘If you build it they will come’ approach, but it hasn’t worked yet. 

21 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

the NFL deems it not to be. 

....and also Columbus, Ohio.

It's ok, NFL, you're important too. 

22 hours ago, year1buick said:

as well as Houston to a degree. Heck Washington fought the old browns moving to Baltimore to become the Ravens because they didn't want to lose the market share. 

1 hour ago, jjeffeory said:

....and also Columbus, Ohio.

It's ok, NFL, you're important too. 

midway between Cincy and Cleveland. yeah they'll just tell Columbus to keep the school down there

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

midway between Cincy and Cleveland. yeah they'll just tell Columbus to keep the school down there

And to paraphrase George Zingali, (to Columbus), “You have a very nice football team.”

(Did I mention I was from Michigan?)

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

And to paraphrase George Zingali, (to Columbus), “You have a very nice football team.”

Too soon. Just kidding. Congratulations to the wolverines. I wish they were playing the Illini because I believe they’d give them a better game than Purdue.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Hey, it'll end up getting your team into the CFP, and that CBus team could also still make it....

What a rematch at the end....

I'm sure it doesn't take an hour to get into the stadium at either place...

Incidentally, Crown's Klesch arranged tOSU halftime show for this past weekend, and tOSU sounded quite a bit like Crown...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jjeffeory said:

Hey, it'll end up getting your team into the CFP, and that CBus team could also still make it....

What a rematch at the end....

I'm sure it doesn't take an hour to get into the stadium at either place...

Incidentally, Crown's Klesch arranged tOSU halftime show for this past weekend, and tOSU sounded quite a bit like Crown...

I only heard a snippet from the half time show, while the talking heads were holding court, and I thought, “Hey … that sounds like Finis!” 

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 1

It was a horrible experience.  Was there a hour and a half early and still missed the first performance and half of the Marine Corps.  Thank God I got to see Troopers as a lot of people were still trying to get seated.  Then they announced an intermission which I needed to get a bottle of water for my wife to take her meds and cadets went on anyway so I had to stand to watch cadets and missed about the first minute of their show.  Very disappointed with DCIs management of the event.  On a positive, probably one of the best finals ever as every show was special, top to bottom.

Edited by bandman28