An HOUR to get into Lucas Oil Stadium????

DCI did screw up, but actually it was mainly the fans fault for the long lines. Not having their bar code open before they reached the entrance, (really?), and the majority of people foolishily brought bags with them. Why?? My group of five knew enough not to bring a bag or purse, and we simply walked around the long line to the entrance line without bags. We were inside in five minutes. People seem to have lost all common sense today. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

8 minutes ago, Phantom56 said:

DCI did screw up, but actually it was mainly the fans fault for the long lines. Not having their bar code open before they reached the entrance, (really?), and the majority of people foolishily brought bags with them. Why?? My group of five knew enough not to bring a bag or purse, and we simply walked around the long line to the entrance line without bags. We were inside in five minutes. People seem to have lost all common sense today. 

That's the line my small group took and we got in very quickly.

11 hours ago, C.Holland said:

The real questions are, how many gates were open?  We’re they all along one side, or on two sides? 

were attendees smart enough to walk to the shorter lines? 

I use to work for events in a big arena and stadium for part time work during college and depending on the event not all gates will be open. I worked at a sold out Madonna concert and of course the arena was fully staffed and all gate were open. I also worked at a high school football state playoff final at a major stadium and the crowd was around a third of capacity..probably the same as a DCI Champion event and not all entrances were open being that it wasn't a sell out.

4 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Not having those gates open for exit if a disaster occurred, is a really bad idea. 

fire code says you are supposed to be able to get out through them.  just not in.  those doors should work for exiting if needed.  If not, that's a substantial safety issue. 

Edited by C.Holland
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I have meds to take at a certain time.  8pm to be exact. Where do you suggest I put them?  Up my ###? I brought a small clear bag with my pill case. glasses, and phone.  It took a miilisecond for them to look at my bag. We had our tickets up on our phone, too.

Try to be a little more smug and sanctimonious, why don’t you?

And why should I feel bad for bringing a small plastic bag with essential items I NEED when the lanyard people have giant backpacks with God only knows what in them.  

👍 👏👏👏👏👏👏 👍

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

I have meds to take at a certain time.  8pm to be exact. Where do you suggest I put them?  Up my ###? I brought a small clear bag with my pill case. glasses, and phone.  It took a miilisecond for them to look at my bag. We had our tickets up on our phone, too.

And why should I feel bad for bringing a small plastic bag with essential items I NEED when the lanyard people have giant backpacks with God only knows what in them.  

💯

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

.. and yeah, some pretty pretentious lanyard people from one corps in particular.   Cadets guard boi..Boi... ( who apparently was elevator boss too. Double duties....)

Edited by jjeffeory
Add some snark
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, skevinp said:

I wouldn’t say attendees aren’t smart just because they didn’t know there were other lines or shorter lines.  That’s ridiculous.     

when you buy a ticket, there's usually gate info on it.   Example.  Barclay's Center (Brooklyn Nets) on their tickets have "Entry: (street name) or (avenue name)  Section (##)" 

There's also an email sent 1-5 days out reminding attendees of entrance policies, gate info, changes from regular operations.  

If this is missing...  woof.