DCI Office Interaction re: Finals week experience

I just had an unproductive conversation with someone at DCI office when I called to report our group’s experiences with stadium entry issues, extremely long concession lines, and behavior of unticketed fans in Friends of DCI section. She said they were aware of the issues and would be taking steps to address them but couldn’t say if DCI would be making a statement. She said that DCI had staffing on site to address seating issues but that it was “limited” - having attended 3 sessions, I can report that “limited” meant nobody in my section, ever. They did not give any specific steps they were planning and seemed to want to deflect the concerns I was raising, without any attempt to take down specific information about what I was reporting or offering to follow up.

If anyone gets information that DCI is taking any of this seriously, I would appreciate knowing before the renewal deadline. Thank you.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, lawdn said:

I just had an unproductive conversation with someone at DCI office when I called to report our group’s experiences with stadium entry issues, extremely long concession lines, and behavior of unticketed fans in Friends of DCI section. She said they were aware of the issues and would be taking steps to address them but couldn’t say if DCI would be making a statement. She said that DCI had staffing on site to address seating issues but that it was “limited” - having attended 3 sessions, I can report that “limited” meant nobody in my section, ever. They did not give any specific steps they were planning and seemed to want to deflect the concerns I was raising, without any attempt to take down specific information about what I was reporting or offering to follow up.

If anyone gets information that DCI is taking any of this seriously, I would appreciate knowing before the renewal deadline. Thank you.

depending on who you spoke to, they may not know what the board and Ed plan to do. She also may not be authorized to make comment before the upper admin does. Plus if they do anything, i'm sure it'll be lawyer reviewed before it goes public

• Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, lawdn said:

Shockingly predictable. 
tenor.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, MGCpimpOtimp said:

They also largely take this week off because...duh. So maybe give them a few weeks to wind down from this season before planning on how to fix the issues in the future.

They seem to have effectively taken off Finals week too based on my experience. And I am sure they are accepting ticket orders this week.

They are closed tomorrow. They could have asked me to put my concerns in writing do they could be recorded and they could give a response at a later time. I recognize stonewalling. Please feel free to contact them and report your experience. 

Edited by lawdn
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

depending on who you spoke to, they may not know what the board and Ed plan to do. She also may not be authorized to make comment before the upper admin does. Plus if they do anything, i'm sure it'll be lawyer reviewed before it goes public

That is fair. However, they have a better chance of successfully identifying and addressing issues if they collect first-hand reports from customers. Hopefully they will send the survey to attendees this year. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, lawdn said:

That is fair. However, they have a better chance of successfully identifying and addressing issues if they collect first-hand reports from customers. Hopefully they will send the survey to attendees this year. 

I can’t wait to get it.  I’m going to give it to the old man and say let ‘er rip, devil dog. 

• Like 4

i've never been to the dci offices but i had a dream about it once. i saw the DCI logo while in a car and excitedly screamed for the driver to pull over. Ran out into the building only to find it was literally just the most boring, white walls and grey desks office you can think of, and nothing in there had anything to do with drum corps. They say all dreams have meanings...

1 hour ago, lawdn said:

oh i am sure they know. despite the claims to the contrary, they read here and various social media sites. i'd imagine they got emails and calls too, in addition to stuff said saturday night at the venue.

i'm not excusing them mind you. but i do understand some of the business reasons why it hasn't happened yet. and those taking ticket orders arent actual DCI employees, its a ticketing service they use

• Thanks 1