DCI Office Interaction re: Finals week experience

1 minute ago, keystone3ply said:

Think they've always been close to the airport.  The PAS Rhythm Discovery Center is under the Weber Grill. 

3 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Think they've always been close to the airport.  The PAS Rhythm Discovery Center is under the Weber Grill. 

Huh. I went down there once and saw a DCI sticker on the door and I guess I just assumed 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TexasPRfan said:

Plus - and don't underestimate it, but we do have a chunk of top 6 only fans who trickle in during the first half of the show.  With more older alumni in town AND Troopers having their amazing show on first, FAR more people wanted to be in their seats in time to see 12th place set the stadium on fire.  Either way, the lack of staff to guide the crowds to all the open gates on the east side and lack of enough readers was borderline criminal.  Even the above should have been anticipated.

I cannot decide who to feel worse for - the Troopers, or those who could not get in on time to see them.  (Another tie in the 2022 finals, then.)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Phantom56 said:

It was mainly just a 'perfect storm' Saturday night. Everyone knew it was going to be bad. Except perhaps DCI.  The ridiculous lines were a combination of: First year of paper-less tickets-many people, especially seniors,  having trouble with their phones, DCI's failure to have a few people walking around, informing those without bags to skip the line, and a record crowd. As for the concessions, I'm used to it by now, and have an early dinner before entering the stadium. Only need a drink, which I purchase upon entering. Doubt if the concession worker shortage will ever change. 

Well, this experience will put that "record crowd" threat to rest. 

If you refuse to plan for success, you will never maintain it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Trumpet2 said:

When did they move from downtown? Didn’t it used to be close to the Weber Grill? 

1 hour ago, keystone3ply said:

They were located downtown 110 W Washington St. (about 4 or 5 blocks from LOS) up until about 6 years ago.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Trumpet2 said:

When did they move from downtown? Didn’t it used to be close to the Weber Grill? 

within the last 2/3 years

If DCI Issued a statement that said the long lines to get in and the long lines for concessions are not our fault and blamed it on staffing at LOS I’d probably give them the benefit of the doubt. However such a statement should have been issued Monday or at least a legitimate acknowledgment should have been issued and by legitimate acknowledgment I mean when we can expect an answer and an assurance this is a one time deal. 

I have been to finals twelve times at LOS. This year seemed a bit thrown together. The 50th anniversary was not celebrated with the fanfare it deserved. There were no program books or even program sheets. You could not even download a program. Even though there are serious issues that DCI needs to deal with, there was almost universal agreement DCI knows how to organize a tour and put on shows. After this year, where the one thing DCI was good at had serious flaws, I’m seeing cracks in the system.

I would like to  see some sort of action. I think a refund is unreasonable, but where tickets were sold electronically, knowing who attended is easy. Perhaps a discount on tickets for Allentown, Atlanta, or San Antonio, or free admission to prelims. Even a voucher for an item at the DCI booth would work. Regardless of who is to blame, there needs to be a goodwill gesture.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1