DCI Office Interaction re: Finals week experience

As we lost 2 members of our Finals week party due to our negative experiences as attendees, those if us remaining decided we get so little benefit from being Friends of DCI that we opted to purchase Super 3 packages and to donate the money we used to give FoDCI to some of our favorite corps.

We soon received an email from the DCI office asking to confirm whether we truly intended to stop belonging to FoDCI, or whether we had made an error in ordering.

I confirmed we were only ordering Super 3 packages, and that if they were interested, I would be glad to provide specific feedback about what had led to our decision.

I got a brief response email: “Thank you for letting us know.”

By the way, we never received a survey about our experience at Indy this year.

Although it’s disappointing to learn that DCI doesn’t care what its fans and supporters think (or maybe just me 😂), I am feeling positive about no longer supporting DCI with donations.

I really miss Kathy, who was let go from DCI early in the pandemic. She was always engaged and helpful.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, lawdn said:

As we lost 2 members of our Finals week party due to our negative experiences as attendees, those if us remaining decided we get so little benefit from being Friends of DCI that we opted to purchase Super 3 packages and to donate the money we used to give FoDCI to some of our favorite corps.

We soon received an email from the DCI office asking to confirm whether we truly intended to stop belonging to FoDCI, or whether we had made an error in ordering.

I confirmed we were only ordering Super 3 packages, and that if they were interested, I would be glad to provide specific feedback about what had led to our decision.

I got a brief response email: “Thank you for letting us know.”

By the way, we never received a survey about our experience at Indy this year.

Although it’s disappointing to learn that DCI doesn’t care what its fans and supporters think (or maybe just me 😂), I am feeling positive about no longer supporting DCI with donations.

I really miss Kathy, who was let go from DCI early in the pandemic. She was always engaged and helpful.

I have to say I’m not surprised.  

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I have to say I’m not surprised.  

nope

• Thanks 1

I’m thinking at this point we will not hear anything from DCI regarding the problems at finals. When they start pushing tickets in November-December or especially in the Spring, we’ll probably hear about new and enhanced ways of managing crowds with no acknowledgement of what happened last year. I just hope that people who qualify as handicapped are not stuck in lines because the crowds are so large they cannot get to the proper entrance, large groups are separated from the individual ticket holders, and the average person experiences no more than a reasonable wait time, say no more than 15 minutes. 

Something that would be interesting is for folks who attend either the BOA Super Regionals or Grand Nationals to report back on how LOS manages the lines. I’m assuming the crowd size is similar and at that point football season is well underway so they should have staff to manage crowds.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Tim K said:

I’m thinking at this point we will not hear anything from DCI regarding the problems at finals. When they start pushing tickets in November-December or especially in the Spring, we’ll probably hear about new and enhanced ways of managing crowds with no acknowledgement of what happened last year. I just hope that people who qualify as handicapped are not stuck in lines because the crowds are so large they cannot get to the proper entrance, large groups are separated from the individual ticket holders, and the average person experiences no more than a reasonable wait time, say no more than 15 minutes. 

Something that would be interesting is for folks who attend either the BOA Super Regionals or Grand Nationals to report back on how LOS manages the lines. I’m assuming the crowd size is similar and at that point football season is well underway so they should have staff to manage crowds.

My relatives went to a Def Leppard/Poison/Joan Jett concert less than a week after finals at Lucas Oil.  Much bigger crowd and they didn’t have an hour or more wait to get in. Plus, lots of concessions were open. 

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

My relatives went to a Def Leppard/Poison/Joan Jett concert less than a week after finals at Lucas Oil.  Much bigger crowd and they didn’t have an hour or more wait to get in. Plus, lots of concessions were open. 

Why am I not surprised?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Tim K said:

The last time I attended Grand Nationals, back in 2015, there was no wait time to get in. Walked up, gave them my tickets, scanned, and went right on in. I've never seen or heard of anyone having these issues at any BOA event held at LOS.

47 minutes ago, ZTWright said:

The last time I attended Grand Nationals, back in 2015, there was no wait time to get in. Walked up, gave them my tickets, scanned, and went right on in. I've never seen or heard of anyone having these issues at any BOA event held at LOS.

I never had a problem at LOS until this year. Prelims was fine, but I arrive for the first performance and the crowds are very small. Semi’s was a bit of a wait and that was clearly a LOS problem. The scanners were not working properly and supervisors were going around checking them. Again I was early when the crowds are smaller. I was told that later there was even more wait time. Saturday was the disaster. The reason I think how BOA handles things will be interesting is I am assuming crowd size wise is probably similar since tickets are sold on one side only and the crowds would probably be similar. I would think that DCI and BOA have to be two of the easier groups to handle. We may be an opinionated crowd, and we can be enthusiastic, but we’re not a problematic group. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Tim K said:

they did however send out an email for ticket sales

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Oh, to be 30 years younger and have better hearing. That's a dynamite lineup. 

• Like 1