DCI Office Interaction re: Finals week experience

58 minutes ago, Orwellian Wiress said:

i've never been to the dci offices but i had a dream about it once. i saw the DCI logo while in a car and excitedly screamed for the driver to pull over. Ran out into the building only to find it was literally just the most boring, white walls and grey desks office you can think of, and nothing in there had anything to do with drum corps. They say all dreams have meanings...

Are you sure you weren't at the Department of Commerce and Insurance in St Louis? 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think it is fine they can’t tell us YET what their solutions will be, because these are problems that will take some thought, effort, internal interaction and external transaction to solve.  

For the moment, I just need to know they are taking this very seriously and committed to doing what it takes to solve the problem for future seasons.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It was mainly just a 'perfect storm' Saturday night. Everyone knew it was going to be bad. Except perhaps DCI.  The ridiculous lines were a combination of: First year of paper-less tickets-many people, especially seniors,  having trouble with their phones, DCI's failure to have a few people walking around, informing those without bags to skip the line, and a record crowd. As for the concessions, I'm used to it by now, and have an early dinner before entering the stadium. Only need a drink, which I purchase upon entering. Doubt if the concession worker shortage will ever change. 

8 minutes ago, Phantom56 said:

It was mainly just a 'perfect storm' Saturday night. Everyone knew it was going to be bad. Except perhaps DCI.  The ridiculous lines were a combination of: First year of paper-less tickets-many people, especially seniors,  having trouble with their phones, DCI's failure to have a few people walking around, informing those without bags to skip the line, and a record crowd. As for the concessions, I'm used to it by now, and have an early dinner before entering the stadium. Only need a drink, which I purchase upon entering. Doubt if the concession worker shortage will ever change. 

First time with paperless.. oy veh (and I ain’t Jewish). Did DCI send any info on dealing with paperless and how to be ready when you’re at the head of line.

Had my first experience at a Jeff Dunham event with few thousand people. Thank goodness my sister was there to baby step me through (and she’s 9 years younger 🤦‍♂️). By time it was my turn I had the phone all ready and zip I was in

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, skevinp said:

I think it is fine they can’t tell us YET what their solutions will be, because these are problems that will take some thought, effort, internal interaction and external transaction to solve.  

For the moment, I just need to know they are taking this very seriously and committed to doing what it takes to solve the problem for future seasons.  

Plus - and don't underestimate it, but we do have a chunk of top 6 only fans who trickle in during the first half of the show.  With more older alumni in town AND Troopers having their amazing show on first, FAR more people wanted to be in their seats in time to see 12th place set the stadium on fire.  Either way, the lack of staff to guide the crowds to all the open gates on the east side and lack of enough readers was borderline criminal.  Even the above should have been anticipated.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Orwellian Wiress said:

i've never been to the dci offices but i had a dream about it once. i saw the DCI logo while in a car and excitedly screamed for the driver to pull over. Ran out into the building only to find it was literally just the most boring, white walls and grey desks office you can think of, and nothing in there had anything to do with drum corps. They say all dreams have meanings...

DCI is located in a small office park near Indy airport.  The other businesses in the building are a small aerospace parts supplier & a temporary jobs service.  

1 minute ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

The other businesses in the building are a small aerospace parts supplier

conspiracy time: the "what a maneuva" show was funded by the aerospace guys to get publicity

3 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

First time with paperless.. oy veh (and I ain’t Jewish). Did DCI send any info on dealing with paperless and how to be ready when you’re at the head of line.

Had my first experience at a Jeff Dunham event with few thousand people. Thank goodness my sister was there to baby step me through (and she’s 9 years younger 🤦‍♂️). By time it was my turn I had the phone all ready and zip I was in

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

DCI is located in a small office park near Indy airport.  The other businesses in the building are a small aerospace parts supplier & a temporary jobs service.  

When did they move from downtown? Didn’t it used to be close to the Weber Grill?