Dome Shows

6 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

If you recall, we decided several weeks ago that you will be on the field marching next season.  Thus, you will march where they tell you to march.   

And one thing you’ll learn is that from a performer’s point of view most stadiums are similar.  A few stick out, but most of what you’ll remember is snippets of what happened during the performance that was unusual.  I know that is how it was for me - you are concentrating so hard you don’t actually remember the actual performance.  

i would like to have keep big time performances here not just for me but the people who support me. i think it would be unfair to make people have to watch online or fly to some other place to watch the Corps perform because they have no home show. i just am not a fan of the idea of removing that. not to mention but Corps Encore often sells well due to the existence of Btal and the big name Corps that perform there, but because the stadium is not a dome, it would likely be skipped in this hypothetical. if i remember right DCI has a contract with WSU to perform there and rent all of the space, so it seems very pointless to remove this and shows similar.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

Would you pay a higher price to KNOW there was going to be a show? Not being confrontational...asking in earnest. I bought 4 tickets for Atlanta this year, and thank God a miracle guided that show between massive thunderstorms and they got it in...otherwise...I'm out $350. 

I would absolutely pay more to be sure there was a show. I usually fly into Atlanta for the the assurance and comfort of the domed show, and I’ve also flown to Indianapolis for finals week.

I’m not inclined to waste money and time for a high possibility of a rainout, no matter how “storied” the venue is.

10 hours ago, denmum said:

Yes, I am Bill Shriner, no, just kidding. What do you mean ? Why do you ask ? I know about the Shriner's organization, but why do you ask that ?

Shriners are legendary party people.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, denmum said:

Then here is your official invitation for next year-this year 6 of us drove to Rick's Boatyard Cafe 20 minutes or so from downtown for lunch on Fri. and started with that exact Old Fashioned. We all said it was one of the best ever and what atmosphere. Reminded all of us of a place in Annapolis. Just beautiful. I'm sure we will go again next year.

It’s that smooth warm blanket of Bulliet rye.  It makes all the difference in the world. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jaylogan said:

I would absolutely pay more to be sure there was a show. I usually fly into Atlanta for the the assurance and comfort of the domed show, and I’ve also flown to Indianapolis for finals week.

I’m not inclined to waste money and time for a high possibility of a rainout, no matter how “storied” the venue is.

I've been to ATL every year that it's been in the dome.  Won't be back if it's outside especially if it's the GSU venue.  Love staying in the Centennial Park area; easy walk to food, stadium, etc.  And they have a sky wheel. 😁   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

I've been to ATL every year that it's been in the dome.  Won't be back if it's outside especially if it's the GSU venue.  Love staying in the Centennial Park area; easy walk to food, stadium, etc.  And they have a sky wheel. 😁   

I’d like to go to Atlanta next year but I’ll go to San Antonio instead if Atlanta is outdoors. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Same and hope to see you there next year. It's not that I "can't" sit outside in 105 degree heat in Atlanta. It's more that I spent the majority of my youth MARCHING in 105 degree heat in Atlanta and it sucks even more now than it did then. Mercedes is wonderful venue. Even working concessions there was a blast. 

Edited by Weaklefthand4ever
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

I still think SoA should work this in as a prop one year. We southerners will understand the pure allure and cult like status of "The Big Chicken"

476062724_23fbd9ecf9_b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2