Dome Shows

6 hours ago, skevinp said:

Ah, so big picture.  🙂

half is a scary word ask Johnny Carson

On 8/19/2022 at 6:28 AM, PopcornEater1963 said:

I'm certain I haven't thought this all the way through...and that DCP will point it out while laughing me out of the room. 

But what if DCI went into "blank sheet" startover mode...( bear with me) ...with regards to touring. 

What if the number of events in a tour were decreased, and the number of big DOME shows were increased. Right now a corps ends up marching right at 30+ shows before Finals is over. 

What if the tour was 15-20 shows, but all in major markets throughout the US that have the stadiums to support big shows and big crowds. Less shows but bigger shows? More time to rehearse between shows, less rainouts, less wear on the kids/staff, etc. 

What if opening night was like a Super Regional with all the Corps. And then move the whole thing from market to market...Saturday and Wednesday shows only. Major markets. Big crowds. 

Start tour in Indy...then go to: 
Detroit
Chicago
St. Louis
Houston
Phoenix 
LA 
San Francisco 
One week travel/rehearsal to get to: 
Milwaukee
Cincinnati
Houston
Austin
New Orleans
Nashville
Atlanta
Raleigh
Pittsburgh
Columbus, OH
Indy Prelims
Indy Semis
Indy Finals

Big markets that will have the best chance at housing all the corps...more exposure in bigger stadiums. Targeted advertising in those markets on TV/Radio. 

Yes...I know this is "not the way it's always been"...but could it be this way? 

Late to the game on this thread, and sorry if someone has already mentioned this (very likely), but there aren't domed FOOTBALL stadiums near many of the listed cities. And, before anyone suggests, we do not want to deal with baseball fields (hello Montreal and Atlanta). 

If the primary goal here is to avoid rainouts just hold more shows on the west coast. 

1 hour ago, skevinp said:

So for the majority of fans in the rest of the country, just cancel all the shows they would ever be able to watch.  Gotcha.

The original poster said shows had to be in domes to avoid rainouts. Domes don't exist on the west coast because, for the most part, it doesn't rain enough to warrant them. So I proposed a solution to the OP's question. Did I suggest cancelling any shows? No. Now, pardon me while I pluck all the straw out of my overalls.

Edited by flugelswerebugels
missed one important point.

So for the majority of fans in the rest of the country, just cancel all the shows they would ever be able to watch.  Gotcha.

worked in the original post too

• Like 1

3 hours ago, flugelswerebugels said:

The original poster said shows had to be in domes to avoid rainouts. Domes don't exist on the west coast because, for the most part, it doesn't rain enough to warrant them. So I proposed a solution to the OP's question. Did I suggest cancelling any shows? No. Now, pardon me while I pluck all the straw out of my overalls.

Sorry you didn’t understand.  Thanks for trying.

I think that’s my cue.  Have a nice off season everyone.

Edited by skevinp

Sorry you didn’t understand.  Thanks for trying.

I think that’s my cue.  Have a nice off season everyone.

I'm not sure I misunderstood. But, peace out. 

3 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I apologize that I don’t know this but when will we find out where the Atlanta show will be held? 

when they announce the major shows....next month maybe?

• Thanks 1