Dome Shows

9 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Does anyone know how much renting a domed stadium costs?

I think DCI gets a break on LOS; what do they pay in Atlanta & San Antonio?

as Fred Windish mentioned on here around Allentown time, the costs at Allentown make it one of the most profitable events on the tour.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Well, then I won’t be going there.  Maybe I’ll go to San Antonio. 

Hold that thought for now. Let's wait until the new schedule comes out. His main point was that the venue this year only cost one third of the Dome. but the crowd at the Dome in the past may speak louder.

• Like 1

this would eliminate Corps Encore, which is the first show and home show for Battalion, is usually one of the first shows for BK and the Academy. this is also a usually nearly sold out show. its also the closest show to myself. i'd rather not get rid of that.

1 minute ago, Jeff Ream said:

as Fred Windish mentioned on here around Allentown time, the costs at Allentown make it one of the most profitable events on the tour.

I remember Dan A. saying a figure around $300k for Atlanta. 

5 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

The MOST profitable when talking Net profits is the was I think I heard it.

7 hours ago, denmum said:

The MOST profitable when talking Net profits is the was I think I heard it.

HS stadium, with a well established relationship i am sure helps keep costs down. the Allentown committee does much of the advertising in the region, DCI doesn't have to pay to do it. Allentown provides dozens if not 100 volunteers which helps. the biggest challenge is housing in the area. past abuses in school care, and then of course Hopghazi has limited local housing.

Edited by Jeff Ream
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, denmum said:

Hold that thought for now. Let's wait until the new schedule comes out. His main point was that the venue this year only cost one third of the Dome. but the crowd at the Dome in the past may speak louder.

The only plans I’ve made so far for 2023 are purchased tickets for Indy, a different hotel and for some reason, Budget let us rent a car this far in advance.  For $200 less than this year. Go figure. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Does anyone know how much renting a domed stadium costs?

I think DCI gets a break on LOS; what do they pay in Atlanta & San Antonio?

I heard the Atlanta Dome costs around $300k.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

The only plans I’ve made so far for 2023 are purchased tickets for Indy, a different hotel and for some reason, Budget let us rent a car this far in advance.  For $200 less than this year. Go figure. 

You are correct. Because it is a School District Stadium plus everything you said-and goes for 2 nights-it all adds up to great Net Profits. That is the way I heard it from Dan.

Just now, denmum said:

You are correct. Because it is a School District Stadium plus everything you said-and goes for 2 nights-it all adds up to great Net Profits. That is the way I heard it from Dan.

Sorry Terri, I was responding to Jeff. I give up. I am going back to my Happy Hour Party.

• Haha 1