Friends of DCI Question

1 hour ago, regimentlvr said:

Can anyone provide details for this please? If I join and donate do I automatically get to choose those amazing seats in the friends section at finals? If I don’t buy the three pack will those seats still be available?

No. You get put on a list.  You go to the back of the Friends of DCI list, too.  My husband was told that this year and it doesn’t matter how much you donate.  At any level.

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Daave said:

'It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see how it works out for 'em."

Maybe that's how people can learn about DCI...The Obscure Sports Quarterly (The OSQ of course)

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, regimentlvr said:

Can anyone provide details for this please? If I join and donate do I automatically get to choose those amazing seats in the friends section at finals? If I don’t buy the three pack will those seats still be available?

5 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

No. You get put on a list.  You go to the back of the Friends if DCI list, too.  My husband was told that this year and it doesn’t matter how much you donate.  At any level.

For the 2023 season the cost has increased substantially.

In prior seasons your FDCI donation got you x number of seats plus the option to purchase an additional x number of seats. Example -  for a $2500. donation level you get 6 seats; plus the option to purchase an additional 4 seats at list price $350 each. Total cost for 10 seats 3900 or 390 per person.

For the 2023 season  your FDCI donation gets you the right to purchase those same x number of seats. Example - for a $2500. donation you can purchase 10 tickets at list price of $375 each. Total cost for 10 seats 6250 or 625 per person

While I'm sure of the payment structure change, I'm not sure of the exact figures. I know these are fairly close because I'm part of a group who have been getting "Friends" tickets  for at least 10 years.

27 minutes ago, Barneveld said:

For the 2023 season the cost has increased substantially.

In prior seasons your FDCI donation got you x number of seats plus the option to purchase an additional x number of seats. Example -  for a $2500. donation level you get 6 seats; plus the option to purchase an additional 4 seats at list price $350 each. Total cost for 10 seats 3900 or 390 per person.

For the 2023 season  your FDCI donation gets you the right to purchase those same x number of seats. Example - for a $2500. donation you can purchase 10 tickets at list price of $375 each. Total cost for 10 seats 6250 or 625 per person

While I'm sure of the payment structure change, I'm not sure of the exact figures. I know these are fairly close because I'm part of a group who have been getting "Friends" tickets  for at least 10 years.

But will membership status get you entrance into the stadium under an hour & without the cavity search?  🤔😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

The Friends of DCI benefits have changed considerably over the years. In years past it would include the souvenir yearbook, parking pass at major shows, VIP passes, etc. in addition to the Premium "Super 3" tickets to Championships included with the donation. Now, the only remaining benefit is first access to the best seats at Championships and other major shows, but the cost of those seats is not included any longer. The seats are separate and the same cost as everyone else. The seating priority for Championships goes first by donation level (i.e. Diamond level first, Platinum level second, etc.) and within each level, priority is based on number of consecutive years of membership in Friends of DCI. So, someone joining now would be a the "back of the line" within that membership level, but ahead of those at "lower" levels.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

But will membership status get you entrance into the stadium under an hour & without the cavity search?  🤔😂

No and most likely no LOL. Cavity searches will probably now be a requirement. 

• Haha 1