Friends of DCI Question

What if I treated Drum Corps International with nothing but kindness, was always there for it no matter what, and defended it from all harm? NOW can I get seats that'll get my ears blown out?

1 hour ago, Barneveld said:

For the 2023 season the cost has increased substantially.

In prior seasons your FDCI donation got you x number of seats plus the option to purchase an additional x number of seats. Example -  for a $2500. donation level you get 6 seats; plus the option to purchase an additional 4 seats at list price $350 each. Total cost for 10 seats 3900 or 390 per person.

For the 2023 season  your FDCI donation gets you the right to purchase those same x number of seats. Example - for a $2500. donation you can purchase 10 tickets at list price of $375 each. Total cost for 10 seats 6250 or 625 per person

While I'm sure of the payment structure change, I'm not sure of the exact figures. I know these are fairly close because I'm part of a group who have been getting "Friends" tickets  for at least 10 years.

You still go to the end of the list of you sign up now.  He was specifically told that. 

33 minutes ago, On the 50 said:

The Friends of DCI benefits have changed considerably over the years. In years past it would include the souvenir yearbook, parking pass at major shows, VIP passes, etc. in addition to the Premium "Super 3" tickets to Championships included with the donation. Now, the only remaining benefit is first access to the best seats at Championships and other major shows, but the cost of those seats is not included any longer. The seats are separate and the same cost as everyone else. The seating priority for Championships goes first by donation level (i.e. Diamond level first, Platinum level second, etc.) and within each level, priority is based on number of consecutive years of membership in Friends of DCI. So, someone joining now would be a the "back of the line" within that membership level, but ahead of those at "lower" levels.

I guess the woman he talked to was not giving him good info then. She said no matter what level you donate, you go to the back of the line. 

Just now, Barneveld said:

I'm not disagreeing/disputing that. Just wanted to highlight the major cost increase for the '23 season.

I was going to kill him if he gave them $5000 of my money so he’d be dead and I’d be in jail,. It wouldn’t matter where we ended up in the pecking order.

• Haha 8

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

I was going to kill him if he gave them $5000 of my money so he’d be dead and I’d be in jail,. It wouldn’t matter where we ended up in the pecking order.

If either of those things happen, can I have your blast zone seats? hahahahahahahahaha

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Barneveld said:

If either of those things happen, can I have your blast zone seats? hahahahahahahahaha

I didn’t sit there this year but I was very satisfied with our seats. I can’t remember if I bought them from Cadets or Cavaliers.  But we were in sec 142, row 8, on the aisle near the 50 one night and on the other side on the aisle for two nights.  They were good seats. I was satisfied with them. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I didn’t sit there this year but I was very satisfied with our seats. I can’t remember if I bought them from Cadets or Cavaliers.  But we were in sec 142, row 8, on the aisle near the 50 one night and on the other side on the aisle for two nights.  They were good seats. I was satisfied with them. 

And there is the solution- buy tickets from/through a Corps you want to support. Your money is thus helping one level-of-beaurocracy closer to the marching members.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Barneveld said:

For the 2023 season the cost has increased substantially.

In prior seasons your FDCI donation got you x number of seats plus the option to purchase an additional x number of seats. Example -  for a $2500. donation level you get 6 seats; plus the option to purchase an additional 4 seats at list price $350 each. Total cost for 10 seats 3900 or 390 per person.

For the 2023 season  your FDCI donation gets you the right to purchase those same x number of seats. Example - for a $2500. donation you can purchase 10 tickets at list price of $375 each. Total cost for 10 seats 6250 or 625 per person

While I'm sure of the payment structure change, I'm not sure of the exact figures. I know these are fairly close because I'm part of a group who have been getting "Friends" tickets  for at least 10 years.

They implemented the structural changes for 2022.

38 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

And there is the solution- buy tickets from/through a Corps you want to support. Your money is thus helping one level-of-beaurocracy closer to the marching members.  

I ordered ticket through DCI Thursday of prelims but if they offer me some crap in 600 like last time and tell me to donate to Friends of DCI, I’ll just do what I did for these tickets this season.  

• Like 2