Is this the BEST front ensemble and book EVER?

Nope best front ensemble IMHO ever was 2007 Phantom Regiment.

• Like 1

Love the musicality of the 22 bloo front ensemble.  reminded me a little of some of my favorite (not an authority on best, so please don't read into it) front ensembles that created beautiful stuff with the brass....phantom 2007 and 2016 SCV.

As far as pit writing goes this year I would definitely have Bluecoats in the top 2 along with Blue Devils. I think Blue Devils pit writing and performing was incredibly good as well. There were a lot of amazing pits out there this year, but when I look at the writing and how they were used in the show I think Bluecoats and Blue Devils were my two favorite. 

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

As far as pit writing goes this year I would definitely have Bluecoats in the top 2 along with Blue Devils. I think Blue Devils pit writing and performing was incredibly good as well. There were a lot of amazing pits out there this year, but when I look at the writing and how they were used in the show I think Bluecoats and Blue Devils were my two favorite. 

Whoever that kid was on BDs drum kit this year, he was phenomenal.

• Like 1

That's a great video.   I felt the Sanford was going to be decided in the pits this year about mid season after seeing how close the batteries were in the top lines.  This was a banner year for percussion all around.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mello Dude said:

My vote goes to Phantom 2010. Or SCV 2016

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Mello Dude said:

One of the best percussion sections overall ever in many peoples opinion (although I think they came in 3rd that year.) One of the best Rennick books ever for sure. I can't think of who wrote the front ensemble book but considering the content for the overall book of "On Air," it was some really wonderful supportive arranging. 

Any thing Sandi Rennick writes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

One of the best percussion sections overall ever in many peoples opinion (although I think they came in 3rd that year.) One of the best Rennick books ever for sure. I can't think of who wrote the front ensemble book but considering the content for the overall book of "On Air," it was some really wonderful supportive arranging. 

Sandi Rennick wrote the FE book when she and Paul were at Regiment.

• Thanks 1