Is this the BEST front ensemble and book EVER?

On 8/27/2022 at 5:09 PM, Mello Dude said:

Nope best front ensemble IMHO ever was 2007 Phantom Regiment.

2010 is up there too. 15,16 and 18 SCV too

• Thanks 2

23 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

That's a great video.   I felt the Sanford was going to be decided in the pits this year about mid season after seeing how close the batteries were in the top lines.  This was a banner year for percussion all around.  

on this i will agree. 

• Like 1

Former pit member here, and I don't even think I have the authority to crown a "best" book, and I don't think anyone really does. How do you quantify "best"? The loudest? The fastest? The most notes? It's all subjective.

• Thanks 1

Every performance, by every corps involved in a DCI competition, is being judged on a subjective basis.

How do I personally quantify BEST.  I watch, I listen, I compare... and then I come to the conclusion that FOR ME the 2022 Bloo Front Ensemble and Book...IS THE BEST...EVER! 🙂 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Orwellian Wiress said:

Former pit member here, and I don't even think I have the authority to crown a "best" book, and I don't think anyone really does. How do you quantify "best"? The loudest? The fastest? The most notes? It's all subjective.

like every greatest list on every subject such a greatest list was ever made

16 hours ago, oldbandguy said:

2022 Bloo Front Ensemble and Book

I read that as "front ensemble and back" for a sec and thought "bloo's so cool they got both a front and back ensemble😛

who's auditioning for perimeter ensemble this year? 

On 8/30/2022 at 4:17 PM, Rocketman said:

Definitely Regiment 2010 Into the Light!

I would tend to agree from a musicality standpoint. Playing technique at that level is pretty universally excellent. The 2010 PR ensemble was simply outstanding. The book was outstanding. 

On 8/29/2022 at 8:20 PM, oldbandguy said:

Every performance, by every corps involved in a DCI competition, is being judged on a subjective basis.

Correct.  The rubrics (sheets) try to eliminate some of the subjectivity, but no rubric can get rid of it entirely.