2024 Cadets Alumni Corps

18 hours ago, soccerguy315 said:

As far as I know, Troopers (+friends) are going in 2023 and Crossmen in 2024

... assume Cadets will wait for 100

17 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

i heave heard Phantoms alumni is having discussions as well. the field could get crowded

New Corps Division for DCI - Alumni Class

or, the Corps could go on their own - Alumni Corps International 

I’m sitting out the Alumni / Reunion Corps gigs . I’ve done a couple already . ‘Hope to get off my couch however  and do the Couchmen Reunion Corps thing should they future hold it . I can’t toss a flag or a rifle , but if they need an experienced pillow tosser then I might be persuaded , we’ll see 😊

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

so basically hey if you're old, you get to carry a flag and stand in the corner the whole time.

yeah that'll be popular

Not "old" necessarily, just unable to do the physical requirements of a full-scale show.  We had both scenarios and a rather large National Squad.  

We did a color presentation, so they didn't stand in the corner for the entire time.  

35 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

WAY too much work.  (and the BDs would win that too 😑)

2 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

well....most DCI alumni corps are more of a project...a one off. here in the East, the alumni movement began in the late 80's, and grew to where DCA added an alumni only show to their weekend schedule. but the movement has gotten smaller. an overwhelming majority of the corps dont have active corps to pull from. they stay stuck in 60's 70's design which doesnt appeal to younger folks. alumni sadly get older with health concerns or pass away. At best now that show gets 1000 people and barely breaks even.

and....cost. when you look at dci corps now, membership isnt local. so the cost to participate goes up per member. remember alumni have lives and families. One time....some extra weekends and a week? Sure. Every year? No. Bloo alumni couldn't do what they did this year every year. they'd price people out and turn people off by too much commitment.

1 hour ago, greg_orangecounty said:

Not "old" necessarily, just unable to do the physical requirements of a full-scale show.  We had both scenarios and a rather large National Squad.  

We did a color presentation, so they didn't stand in the corner for the entire time.  

i cant imagine that feeling would be the same everywhere.

2 hours ago, Boss Anova said:

I’m sitting out the Alumni / Reunion Corps gigs . I’ve done a couple already . ‘Hope to get off my couch however  and do the Couchmen Reunion Corps thing should they future hold it . I can’t toss a flag or a rifle , but if they need an experienced pillow tosser then I might be persuaded , we’ll see 😊

You and me both, brother.  It was okay in my 40’s but now…forget about it.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

the key for alumni is making sure all performers can do it

Which means I'll never do it. 

2 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

Which means I'll never do it. 

thats your perogative. but not all Cadets since 34 did run and gun. so at the risk of excluding a lot of people, i'm sure there won't be any zpulls at 180 bpm

Edited by Jeff Ream

4 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

thats your perogative. but not all Cadets since 34 did run and gun. so at the expense of excluding a lot of people, i'm sure there won't be any zpulls at 180 bpm

In the 70’s, Cadets did some pretty old timey drill compared to the other corps.  They took a big visual leap in the 80’s.

Edited by Terri Schehr